FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Dedicated to technical discussion...
Moved to the tech discussion area. I am somewhat dubious that someone could suddenly find such an innovation and offer it here rather than to take it to an automotive company, and that is putting it pretty mildly indeed.
Welcome, go on amaze me?

*not holding up much hope that this is not spam*

Give the spammer a chance... :hehe:

Questions is; do I lock or not lock? this isn't going anywhere but at the same time, I dislike spammers... so away you go lads and ladettes, nothing personal though! :hehe:
Forget the Dremel I use a Power Drill!

You use a wire wheel to port your manifold and ports, I welded an extension shaft to mine, your ports should look something like this

Beware there are pit really big falls with EFI systems.
1. WOT fuel delivery a 2000 cc engine needs 1000 cc/min carby seems to handle it some how.
2. Flap airflow meters would go off scale too.

Beware the timing needs to be tuned as carbon builds up.
I have a laptop interfaced to my second engine with my own program.
eg computer controls the engine timing and 2 stage rev limit.

The timing is linear with rpm as far as I can tell to 7200 rpm I think this is a good thing.
eg plot a line 0 deg at 400 and 35 deg at 10000, 6000 is about 20 deg from memory.

If anybody has a flow bench handy you could bore out PVC pipe as a test, before cutting into any alloy head.
Things like feed rate in and out of the tube would have to be noted

I have a 1986 Nissan Bluebird wagon 2000 cc (no EFI on this one)
I have tested fuel efficiency at idle and its in the range of 10 to 13 c.c./minute running a mixture of normal to slightly rich.
I have the test video's on Youtube you can go to my web site to see the 5 clips there,
http://ampair.tripod.com/Fuel.html
From what I have read a normal 2000 cc engine at idle consumes 24 to 26 cc of fuel per minute.

I have improve fuel efficiency under highway driving conditions, I have experienced as high as 60 mpg (4.71 L/100km) over a 220 km journey on a hot summer's day cruising around 80 km/h.

I have a stock carby and my vac sec are fully open at 2000 rpm
it used to be approx 4000 so I can only guess at the air flow.

I have high fuel consumption in the high rev range with load though.
Last edited by smokingwheels on 29 Nov 09, 04:49, edited 2 times in total.

See our F1 related articles too!