FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By certom
MS in jerez 97, irvine in monaco 96... sorry mate...what are u asking?! :o
By madbrad
Is it a mere touch that DQs you or is it real help such as a push?
By certom
i think the marshalls are allowed to push the car when it stucks in the sand for example
By 7UpJordan
Ayrton Senna 1989?
By madbrad
i think the marshalls are allowed to push the car when it stucks in the sand for example

Now that would definitely DQ you. It's OK to do it just to extract yourself and get it to the garage, but your race is over.
By certom
oh i didn't know it...but since this year or since when?
By darwin dali
Wasn't it that you can have the marshalls push you out of a danger zone and if you're able to continue, you're allowed to finish the race? At least, that was the case with MS. Did this change?
By madbrad
What's a dangerous place?

good lord 2 people are going ot argue about whether MS hit JV on purpose aren't they?
By Stephen
And Schumi, Nurburgring, but the year escapes me.
By Flyer23
a driver is only DQ if a marshall pushes the vihicle and it restarts, unless of course your name is Schumacher...... :shock:
By elcoat
yes your all right as long as your names Schumacher......
By 7UpJordan
yes your all right as long as your names Schumacher......

Michael or Ralf? :P
By aboldero
if the car is pushed from what is judged to be a dangerous position, (i.e. beached on kerb) then the driver may continue wether it restarts or not. If the car is judged to be out of harms way (i.e. on the edge of the back of the gravel) then it is judged to be out of the race and will be black flagged if the driver continues. ultimately it's upto the race stewards.
By Stephen
Ok then, here's an example, if Albers moved over to the side of the track like he did last weekend with fuel hose trailing. Could he rejoin if a marshal removed the hose? Or is that not allowed?

See our F1 related articles too!