FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

By overboost
By overboost
Lewis Hamilton is set to receive a 10-place grid penalty for Sunday's Turkish Grand Prix as the championship leader has taken a new Mercedes engine at Istanbul Park.
www.formula1.com/en/latest/article.brea ... ElMq4.html
By overboost
By myownalias
I wonder how much resistance Bottas will put up against Verstappen for the race win? hopefully, more than he did in Russia which was more like a wave by than anything else. And how quickly can Hamilton progress through the field, given he has to pass the likes of Norris, Perez, Alonso, and Leclerc? Should make for an exciting race.
By overboost
The Merc engined cars just didn't fight him at all. Norris virtually jumped out of Lewis's way as did Stroll.

Tsunoda and Perez fought very hard and Leclerc held his ground.

Bottas had the dominant car and didn't put a foot wrong. Great race from him.
By overboost
By myownalias
I guess the big question for this race is; was it the right call for Mercedes to call Hamilton in? would Hamilton have lost the two positions anyway as he was running out of tire just like Leclerc? I would say it was touch and go, obviously the Mercedes is a better car than the Ferrari, but when tires are on the limit, it can fall off the cliff at any time, Ocon, the only driver to run the same tire all race long was being caught by 4 seconds a lap.

Very solid drive from Bottas, really managed the race from the front, Red Bull, and Verstappen had no answer to Bottas' pace today.

Not the most exciting race really, but good for the title battle going forward, I'm liking seeing the WDC lead go back and forth.

Sainz did an amazing job in the challenging conditions, making plenty of overtakes on track on his way to 8th place.

Finally, what were Vettel and Aston Martin thinking going out, not only on slicks, but mediums as well, crazy call!
By darwin dali
myownalias wrote: 10 Oct 21, 16:24
Finally, what were Vettel and Aston Martin thinking going out, not only on slicks, but mediums as well, crazy call!
SV had nothing to lose, so took a gamble and miserably failed with his bad call.
By overboost
Mercedes should have let Lewis have his 'strategy' and left him out there to the end which would have been before the end of the race.

Here is a picture of his tire with carcass coming through.

https://twitter.com/karunchandhok/statu ... 9114373122

See our F1 related articles too!