FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Stephen
A good read indeed. Although it underlines how fickle motorsport can be - Davidson in LMS, Kimi at Ferrari, Carl Breeze racing in British Ginetta G50s - dominating of course but he'd surely have the skills for F1. :(
By sagi58
:mexwave::bellydance-brunette::clap::thumbup::clap::bellydance::jump::toothy9:
Staff wrote:">Scuderia Ferrari - “I feel great”

Kimi all revved up by 2016 contract extension

“I feel great, I’m really happy to be with Ferrari for one more year, it’s a great team to be with, there’s a great team effort and a great atmosphere and I’m sure we can do great things for the future. Compared to last year Ferrari made a better car, we are improving all the time and the results are showing that. The feeling in the team and the way people are working together are the best I’ve ever found. In the second part of the current season we’ll have to do better, trying to minimize mistakes and problems, aiming for the front all the time. Next year I’m sure we can have a good car, because we have all the people and the tools to do better. On Sunday it will be the 900th Grand Prix for Ferrari, I have had great moments with the team, it’s great to be part of a team with so much history, and we’ve achieved a lot together. Spa is a very nice place to come, it’s a great circuit for the drivers and the spectators. Things here are never easy, everything can suddenly change and the race can be quite exciting for everybody. We’ll try to have a good weekend and see where we end up.”

By sagi58
Will wonders never cease?? :P

Alan Baldwin wrote:">Unreal Raikkonen stuns Ferrari boss

Ferrari team boss Maurizio Arrivabene was left wondering whether he was with the real Kimi Raikkonen after his Finnish Formula One driver devoted half an hour to signing autographs and greeting fans at the Italian Grand Prix.

The 2007 world champion is regularly voted the sport's most popular driver, despite the 'Iceman' being renowned for his taciturn attitude and lack of enthusiasm for sponsor engagements.

Asked whether it was true that Raikkonen had "set a record" for signing autographs at Monza on Thursday evening, and whether he had pushed him to do it, Arrivabene smiled.

"We had several conversations and I said 'I know that you are a very cool guy and most probably because you are cool, they like you,'" he told reporters after Friday practice.

"But at least if we meet the guys -- the tifosi (fans) -- you have to sign and at least move your hand and say hello and possibly smile.

"And he stuck to these instructions and I was thinking 'is there something wrong here?'. He's becoming a good guy and I was pleased about that, even if I'm still thinking...I said it can't be Kimi, it was a (doppelganger) or somebody else."

Raikkonen's future at Ferrari had been in doubt but the Italian team confirmed last month that the 35-year-old was staying for another year as four times world champion Sebastian Vettel's team mate.
By sagi58
Jennifer Ong  wrote:">Ferrari Gets Kimi To Smile...

The Scuderia Ferrari team must be doing something right. After all, it managed to get a smile from Kimi Raikkonen. As the entire Formula 1 community knows, it is hard to get a smile out of the champion Finnish driver, much less a smirk.

Recently, the Ferrari team took to its official Twitter account to show a short video clip of Raikkonen undergoing seat fitting for what they call his “new office.” So far, not much is known about the team’s Formula 1 2016 car, only that it has been codenamed 667 and that it roars magnificently.

Moreover, the team has reportedly been working hard on the car since the last season ended in Abu Dhabi. Reports indicate that the Maranello-based team even chose to keep working throughout the holiday season.

Based on a recent interview, it seems Ferrari is looking to return to its champion ways slowly but surely. According to a report from Crash.net. Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne has told Gazzetta dello Sport that he believes the team can secure the F1 world championship title again come 2018. Otherwise, Marchionne says it would be a “tragedy.”...
By sagi58
As always, a man of few words!

wrote:">Kimi's 2016 Scuderia Ferrari seat fitting

[youtube]/DeGRDLYAndQ[/youtube]
Kimi Räikkönen #7 ‏@FansOfKR 14h14 hours ago
#F1Records Kimi has now more podiums than Ayrton #Senna (81)

Raikkonen's Bahrain trophy:

I don't like the comparison between drivers of different eras of the sport, Raikkonen has had many more races than Senna and the Brazilian was taken from us before his time. There were many less races per season in the late 80s / early 90s compared to today, only 16 rounds in 1993 compared to 21 races this season.
You may have a point there moa. But while we are on the subject I would also like to mention that as of Canada '15 Raikkonen has more fastest laps than Alain Prost (41)!
By sagi58
MOA would using percentages be "better"?
I'm asking because I don't particularly feel
any comparison in this sport seems to fit the
bill of being "fair"...
MOA would using percentages be "better"?
I'm asking because I don't particularly feel
any comparison in this sport seems to fit the
bill of being "fair"...

A percentage is better than pure numbers, but still not right in my view, different generations had different challenges. It seems to be much easier to rack up win stats in a time where one team or another dominates for year after year. In previous years, there was much more competition making winning race after race more difficult.
By sagi58
I find myself in agreement with you, MOA!
Another variable would be the team's philosophy towards their drivers. :blush:
With his podium in Russia Raikkonen now has more podiums than Sebastian Vettel and is fifth on the all time list.

Also Raikkonen is first in third place finishes, 31 in total. Three ahead of Rubens and Fernando! He is the best third place driver in the business.

See our F1 related articles too!