FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

If lewis (or even Nico) dnfs from Merc unreliability, will Merc retire both cars

Yes
9%
No
91%
No opinion
No votes
0%
By LRW
The rules were clear at the start. The WDC will be the one with the most points.

Yeah I dont think anyone is disagreeing Spanks - but that wasnt what the thread was about...
By Roth

Way to go picking on spelling in posts now to help your own credibility, you remind me of another 'popular' character on here. :hehe:

Spelling had nothing to do with it. It's your comprehension that's sh!t.
This being close to the championship deal has gotten me thinking a bit about Lewis' last championship efforts. It's been a long time since I last found myself in that position so I'm feeling very introspective. In 2007 for a rookie to come in and match (technically beat) a two time WDC is pretty damned impressive. But it brings me to my second point.

Seeing as Massa with the exception of 2008 has never been anywhere near the front again. Then seeing the type of precision surgical equipment Kimi needs in order to perform. The 2007 and 2008 machines Ferrari put on the grid, must have been spectacular.

Those Ferraris were the best cars on the grid. They were the most complete cars -fast, good on tyres, good traction, very drivable and reliable - Designed by a certain Aldo Costa who is showing us at Merc that it was no coincidence.

Very interesting conclusion, there!! Since what you essentially admitted to is that the Mercedes,
designed by Aldo Costa this year, is the sort of "complete car" that both Hamilton and Rosberg make
them look as good as the Ferraris designed by him which made Kimi and Massa look good!

:drink:
The rules were clear at the start. The WDC will be the one with the most points.

Yeah I dont think anyone is disagreeing Spanks - but that wasnt what the thread was about...

It may not be what the thread is intended to discuss; but, we are discussing different scenarios whereby
Mercedes may be in a position to manipulate how the points are meted out and whether they should
consider that as an option or just let their drivers race. IF they do choose to manipulate the outcome,
in whatever fashion, then it will be Team Mercedes deciding who the WDC is, not the rules in place since
the beginning of the year.

As was already pointed out, just how much does either driver owe his team and/or his teammate?
As was already pointed out, just how much does either driver owe his team and/or his teammate?

IMHO a driver owes his team mate nothing.

Not when they are so evenly matched!
I want to make a retraction, I've been crediting Nico with 25% conversion of poles to wins. It's actually 22% my apologies to Nico fans for the inaccuracy.
By LRW
I want to make a retraction, I've been crediting Nico with 25% conversion of poles to wins. It's actually 22% my apologies to Nico fans for the inaccuracy.

Was that Monaco..?

Way to go picking on spelling in posts now to help your own credibility, you remind me of another 'popular' character on here. :hehe:

Spelling had nothing to do with it. It's your comprehension that's sh!t.

That means you don't even understand the meaning of 'comprehension'. <EDITED WB: not really necessary is it?> and learn it.

IMHO a driver owes his team mate nothing.

Beg to differ....Michael Schumacher owed his teammates at Ferrari PLENTY. :hehe:
By LRW
Beg to differ....Michael Schumacher owed his teammates at Ferrari PLENTY. :hehe:

:hehe: I hear ya. But they werent really team mates as such - more like support staff.
As much as the event of a technical issue for either Mercedes driver would be terrible to witness in Abu Dhabi (given the double points situation) I honestly can't see the team retiring the other healthy car.

Both drivers have a fan base, the world's media will be in full gaze, I just think it'll be too much of a dangerous move, and who knows what the consequences would be? It would be akin to "manufacturing" a result. Ferrari and their drivers experimented with this more than once in 2002, and also Renault in 2008. I don't think Merc will wish to add their name to such a black-list, lest it leave the customary sour taste in everyone's mouth.
This being close to the championship deal has gotten me thinking a bit about Lewis' last championship efforts. It's been a long time since I last found myself in that position so I'm feeling very introspective. In 2007 for a rookie to come in and match (technically beat) a two time WDC is pretty damned impressive. But it brings me to my second point.

Seeing as Massa with the exception of 2008 has never been anywhere near the front again. Then seeing the type of precision surgical equipment Kimi needs in order to perform. The 2007 and 2008 machines Ferrari put on the grid, must have been spectacular.

Those Ferraris were the best cars on the grid. They were the most complete cars -fast, good on tyres, good traction, very drivable and reliable - Designed by a certain Aldo Costa who is showing us at Merc that it was no coincidence.

Very interesting conclusion, there!! Since what you essentially admitted to is that the Mercedes,
designed by Aldo Costa this year, is the sort of "complete car" that both Hamilton and Rosberg make
them look as good as the Ferraris designed by him which made Kimi and Massa look good!

:drink:

thats why Merc snapped him up and why he is no longer at Ferarri :whip:
As much as the event of a technical issue for either Mercedes driver would be terrible to witness in Abu Dhabi (given the double points situation) I honestly can't see the team retiring the other healthy car.

Both drivers have a fan base, the world's media will be in full gaze, I just think it'll be too much of a dangerous move, and who knows what the consequences would be? It would be akin to "manufacturing" a result. Ferrari and their drivers experimented with this more than once in 2002, and also Renault in 2008. I don't think Merc will wish to add their name to such a black-list, lest it leave the customary sour taste in everyone's mouth.

Good point Lew, although I rather think Merc would handle it so much better and with more subtlety . Also do you think Merc would rather be known as the team that 'maybe' fixed an unfair result into a fair result or would they prefer to be known as the team that caused the biggest unfair result in history through the terrible unreliability of the brand of car they are trying to sell to the public?

Good point Lew, although I rather think Merc would handle it so much better and with more subtlety . Also do you think Merc would rather be known as the team that 'maybe' fixed an unfair result into a fair result or would they prefer to be known as the team that caused the biggest unfair result in history through the terrible unreliability of the brand of car they are trying to sell to the public?

I know exactly what you mean there, and it's a tough decision to have to labour on. I only hope the they won't have to consider such an option, but it's going to be a difficult and emotional situation should either of their cars fail.

See our F1 related articles too!