FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

If lewis (or even Nico) dnfs from Merc unreliability, will Merc retire both cars

Yes
9%
No
91%
No opinion
No votes
0%
This being close to the championship deal has gotten me thinking a bit about Lewis' last championship efforts. It's been a long time since I last found myself in that position so I'm feeling very introspective. In 2007 for a rookie to come in and match (technically beat) a two time WDC is pretty damned impressive. But it brings me to my second point.

Seeing as Massa with the exception of 2008 has never been anywhere near the front again. Then seeing the type of precision surgical equipment Kimi needs in order to perform. The 2007 and 2008 machines Ferrari put on the grid, must have been spectacular.

Those Ferraris were the best cars on the grid. They were the most complete cars -fast, good on tyres, good traction, very drivable and reliable - Designed by a certain Aldo Costa who is showing us at Merc that it was no coincidence
The drivers dont owe the other anything, championships have been won and lost through reliability before and it'll happen again. Hopefully it wont be a factor in the last two races and seeing potentially 11 wins being beaten by 5 would be quite sickening.
The drivers dont owe the other anything, championships have been won and lost through reliability before and it'll happen again. Hopefully it wont be a factor in the last two races and seeing potentially 11 wins being beaten by 5 would be quite sickening.

Doesn't have to be... it could be 11 wins being beaten by 4. Rosberg just needs to come in 2nd place to win it if Hamilton DNFs.

Doesn't have to be... it could be 11 wins being beaten by 4. Rosberg just needs to come in 2nd place to win it if Hamilton DNFs.

:yikes:

Even worse.
Now where's Bernie with his medals?
By Roth
I'm sorry. Did Dr Roth just call LEWIS the babbler in Mercedes?

Dr Roth, have you watched any interviews with Nico or his long cocaine-induced speeches on podium ceremonies? Please know wtf you're talking about to ensure credibility in your posts.

Blabber (cookie's word, or derivation thereof, not mine), not babbler.

Please know wtf you're talking about to ensure credibility in your posts.

Dr Roth, have you watched any interviews with Nico or his long cocaine-induced speeches on podium ceremonies? Please know wtf you're talking about to ensure credibility in your posts.

lets not do the 'twist and shout' rout Roth, your instinctive reaction firmly framed lewis as the babbler, letter of 'cat out the bag', 'breaking an agreement not to talk by an inability to not babble' and as 3 people all pointed out - Nico is the one with form for doing exactly this, not Lewis. We are all used to your bias by now. But in this case it is a tad unfair even by your standard to label Lewis as the one with verbal diarrhea when it was cerebral Nico who used his airhead language to tell Seb about the tyre test allready agreed with the FIA, leading to a world of grief for Merc, when they wee just doing exactly what ferrari habitually do without blabbing about it and attracting formal protests from - ferrari :rofl:

Ofcourse you wont admit Nico is the proven 'blabber' its gotta be Lewis but no need to go down the Spankee 'twist and shout' avenue, you are better than that :thumbup:
By Roth
A blabber (again, your word) and a babbler (Hammer's word brought in only because he doesn't know wtf he's on about), are two different things. Same letters, I admit, but different order, so different words. Stop getting them confused and you won't get into a tizzy.

So way not to see the joke both of you, which is simply about a man who it is commonly known wears his heart on his sleeve. It was a tongue in cheek dig, that was all, not the character assassination you were making it out to be. You just sucked the fun right out of it. I forgot that Hamilton is off limits for anything other than pure and unadulterated adoration.

I apologise profusely for my indiscretion and/or any feelings that may have been hurt in the process.
Come on guys, Cookin', Roth, you guys should really make an attempt to have some type of amends over the off season. There's got to be some common ground. We've been treated to a revelatory season in the sport.

We've seen the good, the bad and the ugly, but in the end the sport manages to thrive and bring in new fans. The US is at the brink of diving in head first with a commitment that hasn't been seen since the Ford era. You guys should try and work from the similarities instead of working against the differences.

Cookin' Roth did raise a new perspective, and he's stuck firm by his guns. Like it or not, he's risen above the normal din and should have some level of respect for that. Roth, Cookin' may come off as a bit heavy handed, or H.A.M. fisted at times, but his prediction making abilities seem to be pretty spot on more often than not. So maybe you can cut him some slack, he is not just another mindless fanboy. So come on guys... whaddayasay?
I say its all good, it takes all sorts to make a world go round, as long as we are all honest with what we say and dont fall into the mindset of thinking because its the internet we dont need integrity. Anyways its getting increasingly hard to say anything thats meaningful without the post disappearing to the truth heaven. And as i dont see the point in posting monotonous cheap perv smutty dribble it may become unnecessary to worry about me getting on with roth or anyone else :thumbup:
...we have seen Ferrari swap places and fix races to much negative PR and derision - why? because they were seen to be knobbling someone - usually Reubens or Massa. So people didnt like been robbed of competition or of a fight...

You seem to have conveniently forgotten the most salient point, that being that neither Barrichello
nor Massa were ever as close in the standings to Schumi as Hamilton and Rosberg are, this year.

You can deride Ferrari all you like, at least they are open about their one-driver philosophy. Unlike
Mercedes who has always stated they would let their drivers race. If they do pull this sort of stunt,
they will be in for the same sort of derision, for being hypocrits.

Way to go picking on spelling in posts now to help your own credibility, you remind me of another 'popular' character on here. :hehe:
The rules were clear at the start. The WDC will be the one with the most points.

See our F1 related articles too!