FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Will the Sochi GP take place as scheduled?

Yes
78%
No
22%
By Cyril Sneer Racing
No, it's not. That is a direct quote from the New Republic. (First paragraph)

http://www.newrepublic.com/node/118782

Even if that is what a Ukrainian fighting in the Ukraine believes that is in no way evidence that Russia is involved.

'One says bodies appear to have been dead longer than official reports. We can't believe this, therefore Russia shot down the plane.'

You see, that doesn't quite work logically. I could just in turn say, 'Brits tend to lambaste foreigners on buses. If a butterfly flaps its wings in the West there can be a great storm in the East, therefore Britain shot down the plane.' You see, that again does not logically work (or it does, if you get my greater point).

Meaning, there is no connection between what you are saying and reality. You're trying to make me out to be a Russian propagandist or spy, when all I said was that one tragedy is not made right by another. You see, your attribution of false words in an attempt to make me sound crazy is not in any way logical, and suggests where the real propaganda lies.

And from the same site you linked:
US: No Evidence Of Direct Russian Link To Plane Crash
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/us-no ... nk-to-mh17

Meaning one must wonder why the US is so intent on blaming Russia while admitting at the same time there is no evidence. And meanwhile Russia releases satellite and radar images while the US releases photoshop 'evidence' to the press while quietly admitting they have no evidence.
By What's Burning?
In 1983' the USSR shot down a Korean Airlines 747 they spent the next10 years denying, insisting it was a US spy plane... until Boris Yeltsin handed over the flight recorder of that shot down plane to the South Koreans after the fall of communism. Or is that not what you were told by the Russian state media?

Let's see how this one turns out. :wink:
By LewEngBridewell
What a slimy, slimy little man.

Ughhh Bernie should just go and live in Russia, he seems to have been batting eyelids with Putin on an all too regular basis. :yuck:
By Cyril Sneer Racing
And America shot down an Iranian jetliner, denied it, and the man responsible received a medal. What's your point? The major difference here is that Russia now has a different government while America has the same government, albeit one more brazen and warmongering.

If you have evidence, or just an argument would do (for once), that my position comes from Russian State information rather than basic logic, please do say so. Otherwise you are relying on appeals to emotion and trying to shame me as crazy. Which, again, doesn't say much for who is relying on propaganda since all you're saying is, 'Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?'
By What's Burning?
And America shot down an Iranian jetliner, denied it, and the man responsible received a medal. What's your point? The major difference here is that Russia now has a different government while America has the same government, albeit one more brazen and warmongering.

If you have evidence, or just an argument would do (for once), that my position comes from Russian State information rather than basic logic, please do say so. Otherwise you are relying on appeals to emotion and trying to shame me as crazy. Which, again, doesn't say much for who is relying on propaganda since all you're saying is, 'Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?'

The American military denied it, saying they thought it was a fighter. The American media didn't deny it and reported the facts, leading to the admission, apology and restitution. That doesn't make it right but you're certainly missing the point about the difference of the information the west gets from their sources and the information you're getting from Russian state media.

Really... They said the Ukrainians tried to shoot down Putin's plane and accidentally shot down the Malaysian Air 777. No, really that's what they said. :rofl:
By Cyril Sneer Racing
I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Given that the Ukraine government boasted of the need to nuke Russia it's not that far out there to think they would try to take down Putin's plane. And these are fascists in the Ukraine government, who have killed hundreds of civilians at once already. Not to mention that America/NATO often like to support two sides of a conflict, supporting terrorists in Syria for example, just years after declaring war on them.

Does that make it into the Western media? Sort of, but it is buried under lots of hard to understand information.

Perhaps the difference between Russia and Western media is that Russia attempts to seem to tell the truth and the West attempts to bury it with an overload of information? (And it is important, as I already suggested, to remember Russia is a different government now, despite what this media wants you to think.)

Interesting lies from these governments with so much hot air being put out there against the bad guys:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/j ... rgo-report
By Jabberwocky
wasnt there an out cry about the Bahrain GP and that was ignored. I am sure this will go ahead. The teams would lose too much money from Bernie to not go.
By What's Burning?
Let's put it this way... it's about 200 miles away from where a MH17 was shot down. Economic sanctions are being piled on from the west, and Putin keeps escalating the fighting with reported direct artillery attacks from within the Russian border into the Ukraine.

This kinda sorta falls outside the realm of Bernie and FOM.
By Hammer278
I still wish this race to go ahead (since the track looks pretty unique) but it looks more and more like there will be a last minute cancellation.
By What's Burning?
What if it's all one big ploy to get out of the contract?
By What's Burning?
So Putin's latest threat is to ban all Western flights from using Russian air space. I guess the grid is driving there. This GP has the fingerprints of two of my favoritests characters ever, Putin and Ecclestone. :rofl:
By Ferrari man 009
So Putin's latest threat is to ban all Western flights from using Russian air space. I guess the grid is driving there. This GP has the fingerprints of two of my favoritests characters ever, Putin and Ecclestone. :rofl:

No. Bernie will probably just insist they fly straight from Singapore to Russia then straight to Japan after. At least it keeps them East of Russia

See our F1 related articles too!