FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By cheekybru
Wow, What a day :D:cloud9::clap: Silverstone was amazing, So chuffed for all the forum hammer fans that were there today :D:thumbup: We deserved it

Robbed of a great battle by Nicos gearbox problem, but il take that every time for the championship to be close again :)

The only thing that put a dampener on my weekend was the noise, especially when they send a RB8 round on the parade, and show us all what were missing, I found myself thinking that all though I had an amazing weekend watching Lewis win, it has lost so much compared to what it was :( Spa last year was simply awesome, the engine noises bouncing around the valleys and putting every hair on me on end, Now, F1 is overshadowed by GP2 and GP3, Even the porsche supercut runs the F1 cars close for noise levels

its not acceptable :( My friend was at his first race, and read in Bernies section in the programme that the cars were "Using 30% less fuel this year" , "Just what I wanted to know" he remarked sarcastically :yawn:

Spa was my first race ive attended last year, leaving me wanting to travel the world and see as much F1 as possible, this weekend, despite being fantastic for me because Lewis won, has left me thinking that i dont particularly want to go again, at least for a while, while I do other stuff i want to do :(

Give us back our noise :director::banghead:
By LewEngBridewell
The noise has never bothered me, especially when you can hear the sound of the crowd over the engines... seems like a better atmosphere somehow. I've attended Grands Prix under the V8 era, and the noise (for me) is secondary to the quality of racing and the atmosphere in the grandstands. But, each to their own I suppose. :)
By RyRy
The noise has never bothered me, especially when you can hear the sound of the crowd over the engines... seems like a better atmosphere somehow. I've attended Grands Prix under the V8 era, and the noise (for me) is secondary to the quality of racing and the atmosphere in the grandstands. But, each to their own I suppose. :)

You're very much the same as me, it was wonderful to hear the crowd cheer on overtakes, when a British driver went by, when Button was closing in on Rosberg and when Lewis Hamilton won. Just like the other tracks a perfect example is Australia, the crowd went wild when Riccardio got pole for a split second and it was awesome to hear it.

I couldn't care if the cars were silent but... that's just me.
By cheekybru
good points and in some ways i agree, but we're fans of the sport , theres no feeling like arriving at an F1 track for the first time (Pre 2014) and hearing that wall of noise echoing around the area before you even get close to the venue, something that F1 has lost now, I was watching a kid play minecraft on a tablet when qualy was on, maybe he wouldnt have been doing that if it sounded like it used to
By cheekybru
Anyway not to take away from a great race, Alonso and Vettel was great :D first half was so exciting for us, then second half was a bag of nerves :D the crowd were amazing
By racechick
Yes the GP2 cars are louder, but I didn't find the F 1 car noise unacceptable at all, different, but not unacceptable, it was great to hear the crowd noise from all round the track, like when Nico retired, the place erupted. :twisted: you can't normally here that. The cars sound more throaty, less screams. I thought the Sauber sounded a bit worse than the others, I noticed that a couple of times on Saturday, it sounded sort of dull. To be honest I forgot about the noise in the excitement of the race action.
By LewEngBridewell
To be honest I forgot about the noise in the excitement of the race action.

And for me, it's the race action that matters most. :yes:
By sagi58
... it was great to hear the crowd noise from all round the track, like when Nico retired, the place erupted. :twisted: ...
I guess there isn't much difference between Tifosi and Hamilton fans, after all! :P
By racechick
Will post some pics later when I've got them sorted. As usual my camera ran out of battery for race day :banghead::banghead: but I should have a few good ones amongst the dross.
By What's Burning?
all this cost cutting talk, couldn't they have just photoshoped 18 inchers onto images of existing cars?
By LRW
all this cost cutting talk, couldn't they have just photoshoped 18 inchers onto images of existing cars?

Or just ask a bunch of youths to take their XR3i's around the circuit ...?

See our F1 related articles too!