FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Will the Sochi GP take place as scheduled?

Yes
78%
No
22%
By What's Burning?
Given the crap we've seen during the Olympics, do you guys think this GP will happen or will they need to delay it?
By What's Burning?
ESPNF1 Russia's new Formula One track, based around the home of this year's Winter Olympics in Sochi, is 91% complete, according to the race promoter.
By operaman
ESPNF1 Russia's new Formula One track, based around the home of this year's Winter Olympics in Sochi, is 91% complete, according to the race promoter.

I thought you meant connected with the Olympics, which have (much to my surprise) come off wonderfully. The CBC crew talked a little about the F1 race on Canadian TV. The big issue will not be finishing the facilities (as we saw with the Olympics the Russians were able to pull off a last second fix), but dismantling and moving the temp stuff. Given Putin's political clout and the money he can access, I think it will be okay. They are actually in much better shape than Korea, that had a track and nothing else. The Russians can concentrate on the track, as all the facilities of the resort are already there.
By What's Burning?
The facilities of the resort are already there is not saying much. :hehe:
By operaman
A lot of that was just the typical pre-event internet BS. I have watched 12 days of the Olympics on both Canadian and U.S. networks and no one has had anything negative to say. The facilities were finished, the food was fine and except for complaints about the snow (skiing and snowboarding) and the judging in figure skating, things went off without much drama.
By What's Burning?
communal pooping is not dramatic, just... interesting.
By Jabberwocky
American Armed Forces love communal toilets, well they did the last time I had to work with them. It was not very British of them lol.

Sent using NCC-1701
By 1Lemon
American Armed Forces love communal toilets, well they did the last time I had to work with them. It was not very British of them lol.

Sent using NCC-1701

Americans don't even have tea making facilities in all their tanks. How very vulgar.
By Jabberwocky
And when they do... They use tea bags how very uncivilised.

The 1st time i worked with American forced, us British lads where in a 12th by 12th tent. 4 of us. Plus all the equipment. However we made the school boy error of not packing enough batteries. So I popped into the Americans tent, well I say tent, marquee would be a better description. When I finally found the 2 people in charge (as no one else would make a decision) they were arguing about the best place to put the coke cola machine.

Sent using NCC-1701
By What's Burning?
You guys need to obviously up your defense budget.
By operaman

Sent using NCC-1701

Americans don't even have tea making facilities in all their tanks. How very vulgar.

Tea is fine if you don't have instant coffee. Instant coffee is okay, if you don't have the time to make regular coffee. Regular coffee tastes great, until you had the pleasure of experiencing espresso. :coffee:
By 1Lemon
And when they do... They use tea bags how very uncivilised.

The 1st time i worked with American forced, us British lads where in a 12th by 12th tent. 4 of us. Plus all the equipment. However we made the school boy error of not packing enough batteries. So I popped into the Americans tent, well I say tent, marquee would be a better description. When I finally found the 2 people in charge (as no one else would make a decision) they were arguing about the best place to put the coke cola machine.

Sent using NCC-1701

Bringing democracy and unhealthy sugary drinks! 'MERICA!
By sagi58
Tea is fine if you don't have instant coffee. Instant coffee is okay, if you don't have the time to make regular coffee. Regular coffee tastes great, until you had the pleasure of experiencing espresso. :coffee:

Proving, once again, that everything is relative!! :clap:
By sagi58
oooops... wrong thread... again... :banghead:

See our F1 related articles too!