FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
:hehe:
By racechick
Only sketchy details as yet but it sounds like Sirtokin ( young Russian! can't spell name) is out.

You need to scroll right to the bottom of these articles, it's the last entry
https://twitter.com/thejudge13/status/3 ... 1001146368
By geetface9
For me, this is good news because if lotus don't take maldonado, this gives him an even greater chance of ending up at sauber, if not force india. I don't care about maldonado's malicious past honestly, I really want to see him in a better car for at least one year.

It also leaves a slight chance for vitaly petrov to make a return. I wholeheartedly believe lotus made a major $#@! up by dropping him for grosjean. I've said it before and I will definitely say it again; petrov would have bagged more points and podiums over the last two years than grosjean has.
By Hammer278
For me, this is good news because if lotus don't take maldonado, this gives him an even greater chance of ending up at sauber, if not force india. I don't care about maldonado's malicious past honestly, I really want to see him in a better car for at least one year.

It also leaves a slight chance for vitaly petrov to make a return. I wholeheartedly believe lotus made a major $#@! up by dropping him for grosjean. I've said it before and I will definitely say it again; petrov would have bagged more points and podiums over the last two years than grosjean has.

I'm not so sure Petrov is able to match Grosjean's raw speed though. It's not easy for a teammate to make Kimi Raikkonen look 'not that quick afterall'.

My best memory of Petrov would be his dedication in frustrating D!ck Dastardly massively and resulting in making many people happy (including yours truly). :D

[youtube]3aGPIr-HtL4[/youtube]
By LRW
Only sketchy details as yet but it sounds like Sirtokin ( young Russian! can't spell name) is out.

You need to scroll right to the bottom of these articles, it's the last entry
https://twitter.com/thejudge13/status/3 ... 1001146368

Out of that whole page, I found the following very interesting:

Hulkenberg has to be the consider pretty unlucky in the failure to be remunerated stakes. Force India still owe him money, Sauber haven’t paid him and he’s favourite to go to Lotus’ who have have been criticised by their lead driver for not paying him ‘a single euro this year

So everyone is up in arms that Kimi hasnt been paid by Lotus - including the man himself - and its been a massive media storm. But Hulkenburg is still owed €€€ by his last two employees, but hasnt made a peep about it....
By Denthúl

As I pointed out last time this was brought up, Petrov was destroyed by Kubica and only just managed to beat Heidfeld despite having something like six or seven more races in the season in which to do it. Grosjean is by far a better driver. Just like Maldonado, Petrov only made it into F1 because he brought big piles of money.
By What's Burning?
Will Sauber be flush with Russian and Venezuelan money but little talent behind the wheel?
By sagi58
 wrote:">Simona de Silvestro completes her Formula 1 test with Sauber

Simona de Silvestro completed her first Formula 1 test on Sunday after a two-day session at the Fiorano circuit in Italy.

Sauber's affiliated driver, who made her debut in grand prix machinery yesterday, covered another 68 laps in today's test for a total of 180 over the two days of work with the two-year-old C31 car.

She admitted she felt much more confident on the second day.

"It was another good day," said de Silvestro.

"Everything feels more familiar to me compared to yesterday, when things were new to me. We made some changes to the set-up, which gave me the opportunity to get a feeling for those changes and learn how the car reacts to them.

"I can say that I already feel confident in the car, which is very positive."

De Silvestro will continue her preparation with Sauber and will return to action in June, when she will test the C31 at the Valencia circuit for two days.
By Jabberwocky
Interesting no one from the team said how the test went

Sent using NCC-1701
By What's Burning?
Interesting no one from the team said how the test went

They didn't want too much publicity around the fact that she's much faster than Sutil. :hehe:
By Jabberwocky
He has spent his career being flattered by the Force India
By 1Lemon
He has spent his career being flattered by the Force India

And flattened by his teammates.

Until he brings out the bottles, then it gets real.
By Jabberwocky
He flattened team owners as well

Sent using NCC-1701
By LewEngBridewell
Sauber on their quest to move up the order, after a dismal start to the year:

The Sauber Formula 1 team has heavily revised its new car in the hope of moving up the grid in the Spanish Grand Prix.

The Swiss team struggled to hit this year's minimum weight limit with its C33 design and has been well off the pace in the early races.

But the Hinwil-based team has worked extensively on reducing the car's weight since last month's Chinese GP.

Sauber will also introduce a 'major aerodynamic update' for next week's Barcelona race in its bid to get back on terms with the tight midfield pack.

The update includes a modified front wing, a new engine cover, and new sidepod fins and deflectors, according to the team's head of track engineering Giampaolo Dall'Ara.

Sauber will also receive a software update for its customer Ferrari power units.

"We very much look forward to converting our efforts into improved lap times," Dall'Ara said.

"However, we know that all the other teams are progressing as well, so it will be interesting to see where we stand.

"We will certainly do our best in order to race for points."

The team will stay on in Barcelona for the post-race test on May 13-14, where its test and reserve driver Giedo van der Garde will share driving duties with Esteban Gutierrez.

The Dutchman will drive on day one before handing the car over to Gutierrez.
By What's Burning?
Yellow N button: Selects neutral from 1st or 2nd gear.
BRKBAL (brake balance) rotary switch: Adjusts the front and rear brake balance.
Black Box button: Confirms the driver’s intention to come to the pits.
Blue and orange S1/S2 buttons: These can be programmed for various functions.
Entry rotary switch: This allows the driver to make changes to corner entry settings of the differential.
Orange and green BRK-/BRK+ buttons: These change the brake balance between a programmed position and the current BRKBAL rotary position.
IGN (ignition) rotary switch: Controls ignition timing.
White ACK (acknowledge) button: Acknowledges changes in the system.
PREL (preload) rotary switch: Controls the preload differential offset torque.
Red Oil button: Transfers oil from the auxiliary tank to the main tank.
Black BP (bite point) button: Activates the clutch bite point finding procedure.
DRS (drag reduction system) button, upper left edge of the wheel: Activates the rear wing flap in the DRS zone.
Red PL (pit lane) button: Activates the pit lane speed limiter, limiting the car to the designated pit lane speed limit (typically 100 km/hr).
Black R button: Activates the driver radio transmission.
SOC rotary switch: Controls the state of charge of the ERS energy storage system, whether the system is generating or consuming energy.
Pedal rotary switch: Changes the pedal map dictating how the accelerator pedal responds to inputs.
Fuel rotary switch: Controls the rate of fuel consumption.
Black OT button: Activates configurable performance maps to assist the driver in overtaking or defending.
Tire rotary switch: Tells the ECU and other systems what type of tire the car is running on.
BBal-/BBal+ switches: These are used to make fine adjustments to the brake balance offset.
MFRS (multi-function rotary switch): This allows the driver and engineers to control a variety of systems that don’t require a dedicated buttons. They include engine modes (PERF), rev limiter (ENG), air-fuel ratio (MIX), turbo-compressor (TURBO), corner exit differential (VISCO), MGU-K recovery limits (BRK), MGU-K boost limits (BOOST), dashboard options (DASH), cruise control (CC, disabled for qualifying and the race), shift type (SHIFT), and the clutch bite point offset (CLU).
White -10/+1 buttons: These allow quick navigation of maps from the MFRS dial.
write up at Wired
[pdfview]http://www.sauberf1team.com/fileadmin/user_upload/redactors/documents/pdf/2014_SteeringWheel_EN_lr.pdf[/pdfview]

See our F1 related articles too!