FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By darwin dali
I just like this small team, not just because it's Swiss and I grew up a mere 10 miles from their head quarters. It's stories like these that make them very likable.

ESPNF1:

Peter Sauber has named his team's CEO Monisha Kaltenborn as his successor and hinted she could become the first female team boss in the next two years.

Sauber, now 68, still attends grands prix, but Kaltenborn often represents the team in front of the media and is well positioned to take over the reins when he decides to retire.

"I have always said that I will not be sitting on the pitwall as a 70 year old," Sauber told Der Sonntag newspaper. "With certainty, my successor is Monisha Kaltenborn. That is for sure. When it [the handover] happens is still open.

"She will be the first female team boss in Formula One history. She's been with us for 13 years, always with leading roles. I'm sure she will do the job very well."

Sauber has stepped down as team principal once before when he sold his team to BMW and handed over the top job to Mario Theissen.

"I could not jump into the breach a second time," Sauber added, hinting that his retirement this time around would be final.
By madbrad
Why not, we already have women telling us how to drive. Thank heaven it's a single seater!
By LewEngBridewell
My golly, Pete looks good for 68! Good on him. And long live the Sauber team! :D

Do we think they'll ever surpass the 4th place they managed in the WCC back in 2001?
By bud
Telling their driver to not go for the win to please their engine supplier makes them dislikeable to me.
By Hammer278
Telling their driver to not go for the win to please their engine supplier makes them dislikeable to me.

When did they say this?
By geetface9

When did they say this?

I think he's under the illusion that perez was told to stay in 2nd behind alonso during the malaysian gp this year. And it is an illusion. Perez was basically told to be careful over the radio and that 2nd place was great because they didn't want him to get overexcited and push too hard and make a mistake.....which he did and was why he :censored: up coming into turn 15 about 5 laps before the end of the race. Some people seem to have the asinine idea that this was an order to let ferrari win because they supply sauber's engines.
By What's Burning?

You must retract everything conspiratory you've ever accused RC of. :hehe:
By vaptin

When did they say this?

I think he's under the illusion that perez was told to stay in 2nd behind alonso during the malaysian gp this year. And it is an illusion. Perez was basically told to be careful over the radio and that 2nd place was great because they didn't want him to get overexcited and push too hard and make a mistake.....which he did and was why he :censored: up coming into turn 15 about 5 laps before the end of the race. Some people seem to have the asinine idea that this was an order to let ferrari win because they supply sauber's engines.

Myownalais's quote summed it up the best I think:

Maylasia was all one big conspiercy!
Anyway even Horner hasn't been trying to get the FIA investigating into thi.
----
Many positives about Sauber, long track record of chancing on rookies (successfully) and they are a small prvieteer f1 team who live and breath it as a company.

Good colour scheme too.
By Hammer278

When did they say this?

Agreed...and I don't think even Ferrari are d*ckheaded enough to make a scene if their customer car betters them once in around 10 blue moons.
By andrew

When did they say this?

Beat me to it again Mr9! This Ferrari/Sauber conspiracy flared up and was extinguished in 1 post in the Malaysian GP thread. Whilst I think Perez would have easily caught Alonso, passing him would have meant taking too many risks in a car that is somewhat out of position (based on Sauber's usual race performances).

I thought conspiracies are prevalent in F1...

Nah, only at McLaren. :hehe:
By Blackavar
Sure next those women will be wanting to vote :rolleyes::hehe:

I kid of course.

Well done Sauber so far this year. Two likeable drivers and they also seem to have good pace. Really want them to do well. It'll take a few years to get near the front, but it's not impossible. I'd love a return to the blue/green colour scheme like they had with Diniz and Salo though. That was lovely.
By Hammer278

I kid of course.

Well done Sauber so far this year. Two likeable drivers and they also seem to have good pace. Really want them to do well. It'll take a few years to get near the front, but it's not impossible. I'd love a return to the blue/green colour scheme like they had with Diniz and Salo though. That was lovely.

Agreed...when I think of Sauber, that's the livery which comes to mind for me. But that was due to Redbull being their primary sponsor if I'm not mistaken. Their colour scheme at current is a bit dull IMO...seems to be a watered down version of BMWs livery, but they really can do better.
By andrew

I kid of course.

Apparently these women are allowed to drive cars - alone! I saw one driving an artic the other day! :yikes::hehe:

The blue/green livery was to do with their affiliation with Petronas and was run from 1996 - 2004 until they became BMW in 2005.

Their Red Bull sponsorship ran from 1995 - 2004. The car had a yellow circle with a red bull on either side of the air box from 1995 - 2004
By scotty
If i support any team it's Sauber :clap::thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!