FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By geetface9
"We"? Were you playing? :wink:

Haha! You know soccer fans refer to their own team as "we", mate! :)

It's not just limited to football fans.

Indeed!! I read a study that showed, in general, when a team wins their fans often say "we won" and when the team loses fans often say "they lost" rather than "we lost." :twisted:
By LewEngBridewell
:yes: More performances like Perez' today, then the Brackley squad could find themselves dropping to 6th. :eek:

Sauber are 26 points behind after reaching 100 points. It'll be bloody tough, but by no means impossible.
By garlga
It's time for Alonso to worry that whether he can hold his position in Ferrari if Perez have joined the team next year.....
By LRW
It's time for Alonso to worry that whether he can hold his position in Ferrari if Perez have joined the team next year.....

I dont think he is quite there yet...!
By garlga

I dont think he is quite there yet...!

maybe, Massa still performs well and the team need a on-track test driver :rofl:
By Hammer278

Err, yes he has enough reason to worry about Perez, I'm surprised he's not vetoed Perez along with Hamilton.

He's already supported Massa numerous times this year saying he's done a 'great job', well yeah, a great job by not giving any trouble to him that's what.
By darwin dali
ESPNF1:
Monisha Kaltenborn has taken over as Sauber team principal from Peter Sauber with immediate effect.

Kaltenborn becomes the first female team principal in the history of Formula One as she takes on the role in addition to her existing position of CEO. Having worked for the team for 12 years, Sauber transferred a third of the company's shares in to her name and has now stepped aside in terms of the day-to-day running of the team he owns. Kaltenborn described the role as a "major responsibility" that she was looking forward to taking on.

"Naturally I'm very aware of the major responsibility I have for Peter Sauber's racing team," Kaltenborn said. "He founded the team over 40 years ago, and in the spring it will be 20 years since Sauber lined up for its debut Formula One grand prix. We are the fourth-oldest team in Formula One. To build up a project like this and keep it alive in a difficult environment is a tremendous achievement. I have set my sights high and am committed to taking the team forward as Peter Sauber would want and leading it on to success."

Sauber - who turns 69 on Saturday - admitted that the move had been planned for some time as he has previously said he doesn't want to still be on the pit wall at 70.

"We decided a long time ago that Monisha would take over from me," Sauber said. "But we left the timing open. Now is a good time for both of us, so this is the right moment to pass on the baton. After all, there have been a number of races I've been unable to attend - most recently the Japanese Grand Prix, where the team put in an excellent performance. I'm in no doubt that Monisha has all the necessary skills to be an outstanding Team Principal, and I'm equally certain she will ensure that the values underpinning the company live on. That is very important to me."

History was made today - the first female F1 team principal!
Congrats Monisha
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

By LRW
Do you know what - I already thought she had been made Team Principle in the last 12 months ? Must of been when she was made CEO.

I agree with above, she always comes across really well in interviews - One of the few TPs that doesnt make my skin crawl..... (take note MW, CH and SD!). Hope they continue to rise in the standings, and start knock on the door of the top 3 (not that they are that far off....)
By vlad
The lady knows her stuff and Peter is not crazy, we all know that. I wish more success to her. And Peter, go to fishing, relax now. :cloud9:
By LewEngBridewell
Good move. I hope the team do well under her guidance.

And Peter is looking bloody good, considering he's nearly 70! :yes:
By Jabberwocky
Good luck to her. I am sure that to get to a position like that you are not all sweet and innocent. Plus as a female I am sure she will have to have worked harder to get where she is.

using phone, so beware of predictive text errors.

See our F1 related articles too!