FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Perhaps a little too early to speculate but anyway....

Today's commentators were talking about how they feel that Williams are currently on an upward curve and they think they will be the tail-end of the top teams (Ferrari, McLaren, Renault).

With the top teams and drivers all playing musical chairs - Alonso off to a team who aren't reknowned for their reliability, Raikonnen (not the most consistent of drivers, and recently criticised for lack of concentration and too much partying) off to one of the most reliable teams along with the much-improved of late Mass and Renault without a proven top driver next season (again, Fisi is too inconsistant and tempramental), it could be a really interesting season. And with Bridgestone tyres being the 'standard', will this favour Ferrari over any of the other top teams, because they currently run them?

However, I think Red Bull could be the dark horses with their new chassis and Renault power-plants.

I don't think it will be clear-cut and I think (and hope :) ) there are going to be some really good battles next season :)
By Irv the Swerve
I think BMW have a good shout for next season. Kubica might be a outside surprise. I hope kimi will have a successful season because it should be his year.What age is he by the way??
By Stephen
26...I believe he's 27 later this year.
By Selcouth_Feline
BMW have been proclaiming they have a super new powerful engine for next season....so if it lives up to their hype, they could do well.

Kimi will be on 27 October 17th (if I've done my maths right ;) He was born in 1979)
By Marco
SF did you know that off by heart? Do you have an eye for the young Finn? :mrgreen:

BMW have always been there with engines over the years, I think they had an advantage several years back, and it's no surprise. Is the engine freeze next year, or for 2008?
By bud
WIll have to wait til winter testing when everyone gets a look at the Bridgstone tyres.

only idiots(spitz) who claim to be psychic will say what the pecking order for next season will be. Because Renault, Mclaren, BMWSauber, Honda might not adapt that well to the new tyre supplier.
By Irv the Swerve
:roll: I didnt say what the pecking order was going to be, cant get a opinion out without being bereted, BMW will improve from last season and have a talented driver that will challenge.
By Smokestoomuch
Today's commentators were talking about how they feel that Williams are currently on an upward curve and they think they will be the tail-end of the top teams (Ferrari, McLaren, Renault).

It would really be difficult for Williams to move in any direction but up - unless they're looking to complete with thw Aguris - and even then Davidson might show them up.

With the top teams and drivers all playing musical chairs - Alonso off to a team who aren't reknowned for their reliability, Raikonnen (not the most consistent of drivers, and recently criticised for lack of concentration and too much partying) off to one of the most reliable teams along with the much-improved of late Mass and Renault without a proven top driver next season (again, Fisi is too inconsistant and tempramental), it could be a really interesting season

To say that McLaren aren't known for their reliability is little short-sighted - they are known being the second most succesful F1 team of all time (and that in much shorter time than the leaders - Ferrari). I think it's difficult to say that the McLarens are weak until you see what happens without Raikkonen and with Alonso in them. If the Maccas start finishing every race and Raikkonen get to go home early we'll know what McLarens problem was.

Fisi always starts the season off well, then he gets demoted in the priority stakes as Alonso starts to dominate at Renault - without the spaniard taking resources away from him Fisi might surprise all his detractors.

Apart from that, Massa without a contractual leash holding him back, Davidson in a a renamed 2006 Honda, Kubica, Kovalinenoninan, maybe Hamilton at McLaren (although I think that's unlikely just yet).

Should be a great season.
By Dazza
You'd expect Raikkonen to win at least one championship in his career. I don't know whether his perceived lack of dedication is well founded, but if it is maybe it's in part due to frustration at having come so close in the past, but not quite making it.
Button seems to be confident for next year. Who knows, if Honda are strong in '07 it might be a fight between Button and Raikkonen for the title. In a way they should be hungrier than Alonso since he is already a virtual double world champion.

See our F1 related articles too!