FORUMula1.com

F1 and Motorsport Forums

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
#173752
Stealthgate007 wrote:I go to my f1 liver RSS feed and it takes me to ESPN F1. It better have the news feed...
Old news - ESPN bought F1 live a while ago. It's only now that it became more obvious with the revamping of the website and rebatch with ESPNF1.
User avatar
By AKR
#173965
If you go to http://www.f1-live.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; it now redirects to a new ESPN site. This in my opinion is outrageous. Why? Basically I do not like the new ESPN takeover and the death of f1-live. It isn't the same. Americans taking over a European site do not fullfil the same needs. F1-live used to have the following languages. English, French, Spanish, German, Italian and Japanese. Now it no longer has German and Italian. And also of you click on SPanish it doesn't go to a proper F1 website but rather to ESPN Deportes (Sports). Further more if you go to http://www.rally-live.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (This had the WRC and IRC and in English, French, Italian and Spanish versions) it doesn't go to a new ESPN Rally site, oh no, they have really stuffed this one up. It goes to the ESPN F1 site. Now what retards they are. If I want to read about rallying why the hell take me to Farken F1? Imbeciles! Anyway I am far from impressed about this change. As far as I am concerned it doesn't accomodate the needs of many Europeans anymore, especially that half the langauge versions are no longer available. Absolute morons at ESPN. Oh well there are better Italian and Spanish F1 sites around anyway and even Croatian and Slovenian F1 sites that I prefer over that new ESPN crap. So screw them and their shiit new website. :thumbdown:
#174033
darwin_dali wrote:
Stealthgate007 wrote:I go to my f1 liver RSS feed and it takes me to ESPN F1. It better have the news feed...
Old news - ESPN bought F1 live a while ago. It's only now that it became more obvious with the revamping of the website and rebatch with ESPNF1.
The new site no longer meets my needs. You can probably guess way. However I prefer this site best, plus the following, http://f1-avtomanija.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , http://www.f1grandprix.it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.f1-hr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
#174080
Umm I typed http://es.f1-live.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and it Brought up the old f1-live.com menu. Where you have Hamilton's McLaren and choose your language. Even if you click on English it goes to the old site. And the news was up to date. 2 days ago if you clicked on English it we t to the new site but if you clicked on Italian, Spanish or German it went to the old site. Yesterday this URL didn't work at all and all redirected to the new espn site and today it works again. Also rally live works again wheras yesterday that also redirected to the new espn f1 site. I wonder how much this will last for. I also wonder if they put it back in response to those angry emails I had sent them on the feedback page on their new espn website. Hahaha
#174361
AKR wrote:
darwin_dali wrote:
Stealthgate007 wrote:I go to my f1 liver RSS feed and it takes me to ESPN F1. It better have the news feed...
Old news - ESPN bought F1 live a while ago. It's only now that it became more obvious with the revamping of the website and rebatch with ESPNF1.
The new site no longer meets my needs. You can probably guess way. However I prefer this site best, plus the following, http://f1-avtomanija.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , http://www.f1grandprix.it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.f1-hr.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; .
those sites do not meet my needs they are written in gobbledygook and i am unable to read them.
#174372
I liked F1-Live as a small news media outlet. F1 was their focus. ESPN is corporate and somewhat American. If they take a corporate stance and only run stories that add to their bottom line then I won't be happy. I liked the scoops and rumors that are first seen in publications like F1-Live and PitPass. Others seem to jump on stories coming from those outlets. AKR may have a point. Only time will tell.

    McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]

    Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]

    Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]

    Max Verstappen 33 Support

    No chance with this year's Red Bull car (and […]

    Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!