FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By darwin dali
Tex, I'm getting all dizzy - you keep changing your avatar (driver du jour it seems) more often than a pretty girl would change her panties :D
By texasmr2
Tex, I'm getting all dizzy - you keep changing your avatar (driver du jour it seems) more often than a pretty girl would change her panties :D

I was expecting someone to notice :D so I'll try to explain why ok? I was HARDCORE, still am, into F1 thru the late '80's and early '90's and I had forgotten about alot of the driver's that I liked so much. So you could say that I'm, in my own little way, paying homage to the driver's I supported and grewup watching.

Oh and I have A.D.D :lol: !
Last edited by texasmr2 on 04 Oct 07, 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
By darwin dali
As long as you don't put ugly-faced NL there, lol!

Re. your new signature pic, you'll have to talk to Stephen about it - there are some size rules in order to keep threads better legible...
By texasmr2
Re. your new signature pic, you'll have to talk to Stephen about it - there are some size rules in order to keep threads better legible...

I am awaiting his reply/input as we speak.
By Stephen

I am awaiting his reply/input as we speak.

Yup, rules here: http://www.forumula1.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=607. I won't make you delete yourself though! ;):D
By madbrad
I'm an Alesi fan as well.
By yowl
Plus Schumacher was always "no. 1 driver" whereas Senna always wanted his team mates to be given an equal chance, Eddie Irvine would have relished a challenge like that (in more way than 1 maybye? :P) when he told Ferrari he was "going to kick Schumacher's arse" when he signed for 1996.

:lol:

Senna wanted his teamates to have an equal chance??? :lol:

You ARE aware he vetoed Derek Warwick Joining Lotus because he feared the competition and that Lotus could not prepare TWO cars properly and instead installed Johnny Dumfries in the seat.

Yeah REAL brave and fair.

Personally i think Piquet started the rot in Driver honour and Prost and Senna furthered it with Schumacher representing the nadir. Its been downhill for the last 20-25 years.
Last edited by yowl on 12 Oct 07, 11:51, edited 1 time in total.
By yowl
On Topic However the greatest (IMO) were

Villeneuve G - for The 1981 Wins, Dijon '79, 11secs faster than anyone in the wet at Watkins Glen '79 practice, 5sec faster than anyone else in the wet in a 312T5 at Monaco '80, etc etc etc
Peterson
Clark
Moss
Fangio
Ascari

It seems to be rather too often forgotten that whilst Senna was catching Prost at 3s a lap at Monaco '84, Bellof was catching Senna even quicker.

See our F1 related articles too!