About FORUMula1.com
F1 and Motorsport Forums
F1 and Motorsport Forums
Frosty wrote:The only reason that doesn't work is because EJ is acting like a complete chicken at grands prix. It's like his only purpose is to disagree with DC, whine about KERS, talk about things 'back in his day' and, even though I like people appreciating Rubens' talents, talking the guy up excessively can get irritating. And I'm a huge fan of the lovable Brazilian!Hanwombat wrote:What about Croft and Brundle then? I agree it's not always wise to put two 'expert' commentators/presenters together look at DC and EJ......Jensonb wrote:Hanwombat wrote:I want Brundle and DavidsonUnfortunately, BBC would never pair one expert commentator with another. There has to be a colour commentator.
I'm not under contract if any BBC execs are reading
But still would prefer that as I dont really like Legard either

Frosty wrote:Well I have no problem with Ledgard myself, but a Crofty/Brundle pairing is cool with me.Hanwombat wrote:What about Croft and Brundle then? I agree it's not always wise to put two 'expert' commentators/presenters together look at DC and EJ......Jensonb wrote:Hanwombat wrote:I want Brundle and DavidsonUnfortunately, BBC would never pair one expert commentator with another. There has to be a colour commentator.
I'm not under contract if any BBC execs are reading
But still would prefer that as I dont really like Legard either

Denthúl wrote: The only reason that doesn't work is because EJ is acting like a complete chicken at grands prix. It's like his only purpose is to disagree with DC, whine about KERS, talk about things 'back in his day' and, even though I like people appreciating Rubens' talents, talking the guy up excessively can get irritating. And I'm a huge fan of the lovable Brazilian!Not often I agree with you, but with you 100% on this one regarding E.J



cap-dude wrote:Davidsons explanations are great. It gives you something think about it. He's a great commentator.I love watching practice because it just feels so laid back
I don't see a problem with Legard at all. I think people just miss complaining about James Allen, and they're just taking it out on innocent Legard. He's done a fine job this year. He's not let bais come through at all. I know Legard is a massive Kimi fan, but I'm sure you couldn't tell that from his commentary.
But anyways, your always gonna satisfy everyone. Someone will always find something to complain about.
I love Croft and Davidson pairing. The only issue is that they are the radio broadcasters, meaning they have to describe the race more than commentate often enough. But I've gotten into the habbit of re-watching practice just to listen to the pair, seeing as they some brilliant and informative commentary.
I'm personally happy with the BBC team> I just want rid of the Eddie Jordan, and the guy who picks the music at the end of the show. Thats all.


Denthúl wrote:At the beginning of the year I could have killed Legard. Seriously the man annoyed me that much! That last lap of Vettel's in China? Jesus man, i dont need to be told when Vettel is turning left or right i can f**king see that!cap-dude wrote:Davidsons explanations are great. It gives you something think about it. He's a great commentator.I love watching practice because it just feels so laid back
I don't see a problem with Legard at all. I think people just miss complaining about James Allen, and they're just taking it out on innocent Legard. He's done a fine job this year. He's not let bais come through at all. I know Legard is a massive Kimi fan, but I'm sure you couldn't tell that from his commentary.
But anyways, your always gonna satisfy everyone. Someone will always find something to complain about.
I love Croft and Davidson pairing. The only issue is that they are the radio broadcasters, meaning they have to describe the race more than commentate often enough. But I've gotten into the habbit of re-watching practice just to listen to the pair, seeing as they some brilliant and informative commentary.
I'm personally happy with the BBC team> I just want rid of the Eddie Jordan, and the guy who picks the music at the end of the show. Thats all.
As for Legard, I pick on him more than I should. My only major issue with him is that he talks over Brundle a little too often for my liking.
Denthúl wrote:The only reason that doesn't work is because EJ is acting like a complete chicken at grands prix. It's like his only purpose is to disagree with DC, whine about KERS, talk about things 'back in his day' and, even though I like people appreciating Rubens' talents, talking the guy up excessively can get irritating. And I'm a huge fan of the lovable Brazilian!I must have missed that remark from Jordan. Only a couple of Grands Prix ago, the clown said Barrichello was past it and a solid, but by no means championship-winning, driver.


McLaren Fan wrote:Davidson and Button are good friends. They came through karting and so on together. So I suppose Davidson does have some bais there. Then again it's hard to blame him, since commentating isn't what he does, you except some slip ups. But he's done a great job for someone who just jumped into the commentating box one day and I do find him interesting to listen too.Denthúl wrote:The only reason that doesn't work is because EJ is acting like a complete chicken at grands prix. It's like his only purpose is to disagree with DC, whine about KERS, talk about things 'back in his day' and, even though I like people appreciating Rubens' talents, talking the guy up excessively can get irritating. And I'm a huge fan of the lovable Brazilian!I must have missed that remark from Jordan. Only a couple of Grands Prix ago, the clown said Barrichello was past it and a solid, but by no means championship-winning, driver.
Davidson comes across as likeable and knowledgeable, but I would not like to see him commentating. He waffles a little bit and he is completely biased in favour of Button. You'd think there something going on between them.

7UpJordan wrote:At least this year at Monaco we won't have to put up with the Senna-comparisons.where did you find that? It's one of the best cartoons I've seen in ages!
I think Legard's doing alright, still getting the hang of it. At least EJ's not the one commentating because I think he is not very good as a pundit, much preferred Mike Gascoyne.

7UpJordan wrote:At least this year at Monaco we won't have to put up with the Senna-comparisons.This cartoon is sensationalised. James Allen is not that bad and he is better than Legard.
I think Legard's doing alright, still getting the hang of it. At least EJ's not the one commentating because I think he is not very good as a pundit, much preferred Mike Gascoyne.
McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]
Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]
Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]
Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!