Adrian Sutil’s manager has rubbished reports the German driver is looking to switch to Williams for 2012.
It has emerged in recent days that Kimi Raikkonen as well as Force India’s Sutil recently made separate private visits to Williams’ Grove headquarters.
The famous British team on Monday refused to deny or confirm the rumours.
But the suggestion is that Sutil, 28, would make an ideal replacement for veteran Rubens Barrichello thanks to his backing by the German computer company Medion.
Sutil’s manager Manfred Zimmermann said the story is “nonsense”.
“Our first choice for 2012 is Force India,” he told the Daily Mail newspaper. “At this time there is no action talking to other teams.”
Zimmermann also rubbished the suggestion it is Sutil’s sponsorship that makes him a frontrunner for the Williams seat.
“There is no need to bring sponsors or money to a team for Adrian,” he insisted.
“Last year and this year, he is fighting for a top ten result in the world championship.
“Medion make their decision after we have signed a contract. If there is a nice offer they become a sponsor of the team, if not, they will not.”