Kimi Raikkonen has kept Ferrari top of the testing timesheets at Spa-Francorchamps, keeping his team ahead of the McLarens.
Once again, the track endured a mix of weather, meaning the teams had to change their setups throughout the day. The Finnish driver ended the day two tenths ahead of Robert Kubica in the BMW-Sauber car, and nearly four-tenths of a second quicker that Fernando Alonso s McLaren.
Just like the previous days, there were plenty of red flags waved. The first was for Fisichella. Webber then went off the track, causing the second red flag, with Christian Klien stopping on track late in the day. Klien was making his debut for Spyker as the Dutch team evaluated his performance with a view to offering him a deal to replace the ousted Christijan Albers.
Sebastien Bourdais completed his second day behind the wheel of the Toro Rosso. Bourdais has performed well at the tests and many believe that the team will offer him a race seat next season.
Unofficial Times for Day 3 of testing at Spa
1. Raikkonen Ferrari 1:47.042 69
2. Kubica BMW-Sauber 1:47.265 78
3. Alonso McLaren-Mercedes 1:47.645 75
4. Webber Red Bull-Renault 1:47.699 44
5. Fisichella Renault 1:47.724 76
6. Wurz Williams-Toyota 1:48.437 76
7. Trulli Toyota 1:48.491 76
8. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1:48.585 91
9. Sato Super Aguri-Honda 1:48.610 99
10. Barrichello Honda 1:48.704 81
11. Klien Spyker-Ferrari 1:49.119 63