After a rainy Day 2, the sun was once again shining for the third day of testing in Barcelona leaving all 11 teams able to resume their scheduled testing plans.
Felipe Massa continued what Kimi Raikkonen had started with Ferrari once again showing their dominance. Massa finished the day with a best time of 1:21.506, only a few tenths down on Raikkonen’s best test time on Day 1. Massa’s time left him over three-tenths of a second faster than second placed driver, Mark Webber.
The biggest drama of the day was with Williams. After problems and a small crash on Day 1 of testing, the Williams team were hoping for a better day. However, Nico Rosberg crashed heavily in the morning, wrecking his car. Although taken to hospital, Rosberg is said to be unhurt. The same cannot be said of his car – it has sustained so much damage to the chassis that the team are unable to repair it track-side and will now be returning to the factory, missing the last day of testing.
Testing times from Barcelona, Day 3
1. Felipe Massa, Ferrari, 1:21.506
2. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 1:21.804
3. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 1:22.039
4. Heikki Kovalainen, Renault, 1:22.378
5. Fernando Alonso, McLaren, 1:22.579
6. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 1:22.653
7. Jenson Button, Honda, 1:22.765
8. Anthony Davidson, Super Aguri, 1:23.027
9. Scott Speed, Toro Rosso, 1:23.713
10. Christijan Albers, Spyker, 1:24.870
11. Nico Rosberg, Williams, no time