Ferrari continued their dominance at the Barcelona test sessions with Felipe Massa emerging top of the timesheets on the final day of testing. Massa s fastest lap was 1:21.044, 0.3 seconds quicker than his mentor s Michael Schumacher s previous day s quickest lap.
On his final test with Toyota, Franck Montagny put in some impressive laps to finish third fastest overall. McLaren were surprisingly far down the running with De la Rosa putting in a time of 1:21.805 to finish seventh, and Paffett finishing in 10th with a time of 1:22.070.
The only other point of note was GP2 driver Mike Conway taking to the track for the first time for Honda. Honda have been so impressed by their three GP2 testers this week that all three will get a further day s testing at Jerez next month.
Barcelona – Testing Day 3 (15/11/2007)
1. MASSA Ferrari 1m21.044s
2. KOVALAINEN Renault 1m21.136s
3. MONTAGNY Toyota 1m21.363s
4. VETTEL Toro Rosso 1m21.486s
5. COULTHARD Red Bull 1m21.555s
6. BADOER Ferrari 1m21.741s
7. DE LA ROSA McLaren 1m21.805s
8. ROSBERG Williams 1m21.820s
9. BOURDAIS Toro Rosso 1m21.939s
10. PAFFETT McLaren 1m22.070s
11. HEIDFELD BMW 1m22.460s
12. KUBICA BMW 1m22.706s
13. NAKAJIMA Williams 1m23.039s
14. TRULLI Toyota 1m23.064s
15. KLIEN Force India 1m23.084s
16. BUTTON Honda 1m23.118s
17. LIUZZI Force India 1m23.206s
18. CONWAY Honda 1m23.729s
19. ROSSITER Super Aguri 1m23.931s
20. DOORNBOS Red Bull 1m24.102s