FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it.

I want it.
The new Stig turned in a 1:15.1 in the Atom V-8. TG's previous hot lap record was 1:16.8 in the most powerful and fastest production car on earth, the Veyron Super Sport. I'd love to see someone paste some aero kit on one of the 25 and give it a twirl 'round the 'Ring.
Daym I need to find that video of the V8 Atom. Now concerning the Atom and the Veyron we are comparing two totally different cars and their purpose so it's not too horrendous.

TG's new fastest lap records typically progress in fractions of a second, rarely as much as 0.5 seconds. For a 500-bhp car to best the record-holding 1200-bhp car by 1.7 seconds, isn't horrendous, ...it's stupendous!
I would go for the Atom myself, even the original Atom, it's about as close to single seater racing as you can get in a road car!

Ive always liked to think the caterhams are the closest to single seater racing, if only for the shape of the car
Daym I need to find that video of the V8 Atom. Now concerning the Atom and the Veyron we are comparing two totally different cars and their purpose so it's not too horrendous.

TG's new fastest lap records typically progress in fractions of a second, rarely as much as 0.5 seconds. For a 500-bhp car to best the record-holding 1200-bhp car by 1.7 seconds, isn't horrendous, ...it's stupendous!

Yet you are comparing a 250cc/500cc shifter kart to an actuall "Hey honey let's go too the Pub and have a pint" car, abit of stirring going on me think's :wink:

Yet you are comparing a 250cc/500cc shifter kart to an actuall "Hey honey let's go too the Pub and have a pint" car, abit of stirring going on me think's :wink:

I'm comparing using the most impartial, the most unyielding arbiter of all: time. If you have a problem with that, perhaps you should take it up with Professor Einstein.
It's certainly a quick car but $150,000 for a car with no practical everyday use; it's basically would I pay £120,000 extra for a V8 engine, nope! I'd rather pay £30,000 for the standard model which would be more than enough fun for me!
Hey honey let's go too the Pub and have a pint" car, abit of stirring going on me think's :wink:

I wouldnt really call the Veryon a daily driver either. In the end you buy these cars to either be admired in like a wänker show off, or you buy them to take them to the track and use them for what they are designed for.

The Atom in the end is better suited for the track than the Veryon, and would be more fun to drive around the ring! :yes:
It's certainly a quick car but $150,000 for a car with no practical everyday use; it's basically would I pay £120,000 extra for a V8 engine, nope! I'd rather pay £30,000 for the standard model which would be more than enough fun for me!

I'd agree with that!

Comparing the Veyron and Atom is futile and irrelevant, they have completely different design intentions and philosophies! :yawn:

I'd agree with that!

Comparing the Veyron and Atom is futile and irrelevant, they have completely different design intentions and philosophies! :yawn:

Throw the Hennessey in there aswell since that was Freds second point of reference :wink: .

See our F1 related articles too!