FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By myownalias
Well they say it's rock n' roll; does that mean it's going to rock n' roll onto it's roof; SUV's are not known for their stability and having test driven a Jeep. I can tell you it's very rolly, the car does not cope well with corners at speeds higher than 30mph, not a good base platform for a Maserati branded car; and with a V12 lump, that's just scary!
By scotty
Maserati, nooooo :(

Is nothing bloody sacred?!
By Jensonb
Hah...

That's gonna suck. Remember the Cayenne?
By texasmr2
Hah...

Your point is? The Cayenne is a superb SUV, have you ever driven one, I have so until you have I'll respectfully disregard your implication that the Maserati will suck. A buyer will have a choice between a V8 and a V12. I love it how all the 'pro's' around here bash something before it has even reached the consumer market and most likely will never have any firsthand experience with one, that part always makes me laugh :hehe: . Thankfully I have a group of friends who allow me firsthand experience with the machines but I never bash something without some sort of firsthand knowledge.

PS,
I have no firsthand experience with the Maserati either apparently and I did not mean to imply I did. :)
Last edited by texasmr2 on 12 Jan 11, 21:23, edited 1 time in total.
By Jensonb
Hah...

Your point is? The Cayenne is a superb SUV

No, the Cayenne is a hideous laughing stock. The Touareg is a superb SUV.
By texasmr2
Hah...

So your basing your opinion strictly on the Cayennes looks?? Hey if it was me I would probably buy the Touareg over the Porsche myself simply for the cost savings as they are fundamentaly the same vehicle and I like their looks. It's a shame they dropped the TDI V12, or was it V10, from the US market though. Yet lets not get too OT and both just agree to sit back and wait and see what they offer, we might both agree on the looks but performance wise it could be a winner or a looser. :hehe:

I think alot of this stems from those past inclinations about Ferrari building an SUV and since they are both under the Fiat umbrella Ferrari can keep their heritage while Fiat explores the highend SUV market, heck it sounded good as I typed it :hehe: .
By texasmr2
Hah...

I think you misread me or was it my punctuation? Most likely it was me :hehe: .
By myownalias
Having driven the car that the new Masarati SUV will be based on, I don't think there's much hope, putting a big block engine in a Jeep doesn't make it good! I would have more hope if it was designed and built from scratch, basing what will be an expensive vehicle on an average car is never a good idea in my opinion!
By texasmr2
Having driven the car that the new Masarati SUV will be based on, I don't think there's much hope, putting a big block engine in a Jeep doesn't make it good! I would have more hope if it was designed and built from scratch, basing what will be an expensive vehicle on an average car is never a good idea in my opinion!

It could very well be BUT how do we know, thats my point. Maybe we will be surprised I don't know but my issue was that it's crap before it's even released even if it's supposedly based on your 'universal' chassis. I just like to give the players a chance to prove themselves thats all. :)
By bradphil

IMHO, innovation and integration of the Maserati parts is the primary aim for this SUV. This is a nice try for having a high edge engine in a Jeep. Let's just wait how well this Maserati SUV out perform other brands in term of sales and surpass any off road condition.
Last edited by bradphil on 12 Mar 11, 08:08, edited 1 time in total.
By killem2
Based off of is different than just having jeep make the parts for them. If they make it themselves but they are using jeeps blue prints the over all quality may be better.

See our F1 related articles too!