FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.

Do you drive an automatic or manual

Auto
36%
Manual
64%
Flappy-Paddle
No votes
0%
No "both" answers... What is your daily driver? If you have a "fun" car in the garage that’s all fine and good but what do you drive every day?
Drove a manual back home in the UK, but since moving to the US, I drive automatics, I can't get the hang of driving with my left hand on the wheel and right on the shift!

Given that there's no option for both auto and manual, I selected auto because that's what I have driven for the past two years!
My car is a manual but its back home with my parents. Whenever I drive an auto my left foot tends to look for the clutch when I brake :hehe:

I had that problem at first; what made it worse for me is the fact that my Chevy has a "fake" clutch pedal to rest the left foot on, which was even more annoying, I've driven some cars with stubborn clutches but the "auto" clutch takes the biscuit :hehe:
Slightly OT but not much. Remember how it was driving with your parents soon after you started driving, they are braking for you from the passengers seat! :hehe:
I always said I'd never have an automatic....but now my everyday car is an auto. It has a geartronic mode though so you can manually shift up and down the gearbox if you want to. It's such a lazy car to drive - love the auto box for hill starts ;) I don't think I could have an everyday car now without all the toys...parking sensors, heated seats :cloud9: Makes driving the fun car even more challenging though!
I can't answer any of the options given either because I do equally drive an automatic and a manual. I teach at two different campus of a University and one is a long trek down the motorway at rush hour - I use the automatic for that to avoid constantly having to use the clutch. The manual I'll use if I'm driving to the Campus closest to me. During free time it depends what I'm driving for as to which I'll take out...

Again, I had no intention of ever getting an automatic, I was interested in the model of car, and managed to source one £1000 under blue book value, it just happened to be an automatic. Now with some of the driving I have to do I'm glad I have it, and it'll be a godsend for the next couple of months after injuring my left leg, as I don't need that leg due to the lack of clutch! :)

So it will be the automatic only for the time being!
The cars and minivans I have needed to have in the last several years are only available with slushboxes. The majority of my past cars were sticks, save whtever I would get used for a few hundred dollars of necessity and come the way they come, so a couple of those had slushboxes too.

See our F1 related articles too!