FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By myownalias
Hopefully Santa will leave one for me under the tree :hehe::clap: !!

I hope you have a big tree? unless of course you want a model Stratos delivered by Santa!

But it looks like a nice car and it makes a nice noise too; let's hope it lives upto the rally legend!!!
By texasmr2

I hope you have a big tree? unless of course you want a model Stratos delivered by Santa!

But it looks like a nice car and it makes a nice noise too; let's hope it lives upto the rally legend!!!

I don't have the room, nor could afford the payments or premiums, so the 'model' version will be fine :D . Now now lets not start with all the comparison stuff simply because it is a joy to see such an iconic car brought back to life. Can anyone just enjoy something for what it is without picking it apart in any way?

Kansas ain't that far so don't make me drive all those hours just to put an unwilling participant over my knee :P:hehe: .
Last edited by texasmr2 on 12 Nov 10, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
By McLaren

I don't have the room, nor could afford the payments or premiums, so the 'model' version will be fine :D . Now now lets not start with all the comparison stuff simply because it is a joy to see such an iconic car braught back to life. Can anyone just enjoy something for what it is without picking it apart in any way?

Nope looks like a cheap kit car to me.Although the original fell apart pretty quick :D
Would you drive one though?

No because you would have to explain it to everybody "it is a legendary rally car, it won WRC 7 times...."

It looks like a mini lambo, to modern for a classic car
By madbrad
Well it's a might better than the Stratus!

By myownalias
Would you drive one though?

If someone wanted to donate one; but I wouldn't buy one... let's hope the build quality is better than the original... and I guess the insurance payments would be extortionate?
By scotty
Front end looks like a boxy Nissan 350. Rear end is good though (probably cause it still bears resemblance to the original!), and it sounds sweet.

Can't help but think it's car blastphemy to remake it though, it's a truly legendary car. :( ie, imagine if Lambo remade the Miura?
By texasmr2
Seems most are missing the point of it all but too each their own.
By scotty

Why don't you explain what you think the point is then.

Seems to me like they are just making a few (25) of these in tribute to the original, but still.. meh.
By texasmr2

Why don't you explain what you think the point is then.

Seems to me like they are just making a few (25) of these in tribute to the original, but still.. meh.

Ok my point is that all seem to be expecting an exact replica of the original and since that Rally era is gone how can one expect anything near the original?
The original was built purely as a rally car and this one is not but imho atleast lives up to the design and engine.
By scotty
Er ok my point was that they shouldn't have redone it at all in my opinion! :hehe:
By texasmr2
Er ok my point was that they shouldn't have redone it at all in my opinion! :hehe:

Why not man it's a great way to remember such iconic cars. I was watching the original Strato's compete and I would hope that if you were aswell it would be a great thing to see?

See our F1 related articles too!