FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By stonemonkey
Adrian Newey has designed a concept car for Gran Turismo 5, his idea of what a racing car without rules and restrictions would be like. It's powered by a gas turbine which drives through a CVT and in simulation Vettel has knocked 20 seconds off the Suzuka F1 lap record.

By Big Azza
That is just awesome and he should design that and get into Le Mans.

I can see NeweyGP happening in future. And he's typically beat BrawnGP's record... :wavey:

Holy cow I always thought Newey and Horner were the same people! :yikes:
By Jabberwocky
That is just awesome and he should design that and get into Le Mans.

I can see NeweyGP happening in future. And he's typically beat BrawnGP's record... :wavey:

Holy cow I always thought Newey and Horner were the same people! :yikes:

So his team will be WDC and WCC twice in one year lol
By Fred_C_Dobbs
If Newey doesn't stop thinking so hard, his head might explode. The human brain just wasn't engineered to sustain that many RPMs.
By Bubbie
Ugly?!?!? I think it looks awesome. Kinda like a jet fighter crossed with an F1 car.
By texasmr2
Ugly?!?!? I think it looks awesome. Kinda like a jet fighter crossed with an F1 car.

:yes:
No telling what the future F1 cars will look like or be powered by yet I think that is a great rendition of what F1 will become in the future say 20-30yrs from now. I hope I'm still here to witness it :) !
By madbrad
It looks like an attempt at a street legal car that is as close to an F1 car as possible. The fenders I can see, but headlights don't help performance so he would not be putting them on a racecar if there were no rule mandating them.
By madbrad
With his name alone he could do a supercar and those shieks would gobble them up like peanuts at a million a pop. Why shouldn't he, there seems to be no bottom to that boutique supercar market over there. everyone else is doing it.
By The_Stig_Money
Hahaha it is so aerodynamic i could hardly see it

It looks like the Caparo T1

Did it shave off 20 seconds of Vettels RB6? (if so that is amazing)
By What's Burning?
It looks like an attempt at a street legal car that is as close to an F1 car as possible. The fenders I can see, but headlights don't help performance so he would not be putting them on a racecar if there were no rule mandating them.

They're carbon fiber headlights!
By Bubbie
I think the headlights are on there because of GT5 specs. Maybe the game lets you race in changeable conditions or overnight?
By stonemonkey
I think the headlights are on there because of GT5 specs. Maybe the game lets you race in changeable conditions or overnight?

Yep, night racing and variable weather are in GT5 as well as endurance events with changing time of day.

Though in real life I have my doubts as to whether even an F1 driver would be able to cope with an endurance race in that car.

See our F1 related articles too!