FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Green Light for Series Development of the 918 Spyder

Stuttgart. In its session today, the Supervisory Board of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, gave the green light for series development of the Porsche 918 Spyder. Reflecting the overwhelming response from the public and customers to the Concept Study, the Supervisory Board gave Porsche's Board of Management the mission to develop a production model based on the car already presented. This concept version of an ultra-high-performance mid-engined sports car with plug-in hybrid technology made its debut at the 2010 Geneva Motor Show and at Auto China in Bejing, hitting the headlines worldwide.

Michael Macht, President and Chairman of the Board of Management of Porsche AG: "Production of the 918 Spyder in a limited series proves that we are taking the right approach with Porsche Intelligent Performance featuring the combination of supreme performance and efficient drivetrain concepts. We will develop the 918 Spyder in Weissach and assemble it in Zuffenhausen. This is also a very important commitment to Germany as a manufacturing base."

The Concept Study of the 918 Spyder allows CO2 emissions of just 70 g/km, corresponding to fuel consumption of 3.0 litre/100 km (94.1 mpg imp) in the NEDC, on the one hand, and the performance of a super-sports car, on the other. This extremely efficient drivetrain technology then forms a symbiosis in the 918 Spyder with truly outstanding design and high-tech motorsport achievements. Further product details of the 918 Spyder will be disclosed in the months to come.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just realized the press release don't give the numbers but the plan is for a 500 Bhp engine along with 2 electric motors with 109 Bhp each. 718 Horse Power Hybrid goodness.
shits weak...

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwv3d-ixB1c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dwv3d-ixB1c&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Last edited by Diplomatic Immunity on 30 Jul 10, 00:59, edited 2 times in total.
shits weak...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwv3d-ixB1c

:rofl: u jus jeliz cuz... this thing won't get a 1 on that ECO rating like your sister's car did. :wink:

I can give 2 $hits about a f*ckin eco rating :rofl:

Weak a$$ hybrids...If I ever see a Hybrid Porsche on the streets (that ugly) the Fernando Alonso in me will come out and I will run his a$$ off the road like he did Massa going into the pits in Malaysia!
It's all global warming I say!!!!!! But I shall keep that for another day. Ferrari have done a similar hybrid kind of thing designed around Kers, I'll try to find an article.
It's all global warming I say!!!!!! But I shall keep that for another day. Ferrari have done a similar hybrid kind of thing designed around Kers, I'll try to find an article.

Ah crap, I meant climate change.
Better line up to get yours... Porsche is now taking pre-orders for a mere $845,000 dollars.

I think I'll have to pass on this one. :eek:
I'd sooner buy a RUF CTR-3 and spend the leftover 200,000 Euros on petrol. And Cristal. And weekends in Monte Carlo.
I'd sooner buy a RUF CTR-3 and spend the leftover 200,000 Euros on petrol. And Cristal. And weekends in Monte Carlo.

Correction... 200,000 only gets you a weekend in Monte Carlo... not weekends.

:yes:

Correction... 200,000 only gets you a weekend in Monte Carlo... not weekends.

It's not that outrageous. Or at least it doesn't haveto be. Rooms in the Fairmont and the Hôtel de Paris start at less than €550. Of course, that's not during GP week. I burn through my bankroll faster in Dubai than Monte Carlo.
Is this the first Hybrid super car?

It is for the multi-millionaire playboy prince, who cares about his green house emissions.

See our F1 related articles too!