FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Thought I'd share this with ya:-)

Retired seven-time World Champion Michael Schumacher is the most popular Ferrari driver of all time.

That is the finding of a survey conducted by the Italian daily sports newspaper La Gazzetta dello Sport, which said 49 per cent of the 16,887 readers who responded voted for the recently departed German.

At second place was Gilles Villeneuve, who died whilst practicing in his Ferrari in Belgium in 1982.

The French Canadian netted 22.6 per cent of the vote, ahead of Jean Alesi (10.8%), Nigel Mansell (6%), Niki Lauda (3.8%), and the late Michele Alboreto (3.7%) and Clay Regazzoni (1.7%).

Conspicuously missing from the top ten were Schumacher's recent team-mates Rubens Barrichello and Eddie Irvine, and also the highly successful Alberto Ascari and John Surtees.
By madbrad
Gilles was qualifying, not practising, or so I thought.

So Schumacher's recently departed? I didn't notice it in the obits.
By darwin dali
Lol! He's a very healthy, fit man, so no, don't get your hopes up :twisted::P
By 7UpJordan
Villeneuve was the man who made the number 27 Ferrari so magic,
By Capelli
Alesi was pretty popular too, shame he didnt stay alongside schumacher instead of steady eddie
By McLaren Fan
Alesi was pretty popular too, shame he didnt stay alongside schumacher instead of steady eddie

More like it was a shame he chose to drive for Ferrari over Williams. It is tragic that a driver of Alesi's quality has won only a single Grand Prix.

Mansell was quite popular with the Tifosi as well, however, it's no surprise that Schumacher is top, infact, it's a wonder he hasn't got more of the vote!
By bud
I thought when Ferrari wins the tifosi claim its the car, when they lose its the drivers fault, im surpirsed they even noticed Schumacher was driving "their" car
By certom
I thought when Ferrari wins the tifosi claim its the car, when they lose its the drivers fault, im surpirsed they even noticed Schumacher was driving "their" car

we love the Scuderia when it wins and even when it loose...moreover, our love becomes tighter in the depressive times!
By darwin dali
Tight love, hmmmmmm :P:oops::D:twisted:
By certom
onanistic love :P
By cap-dude
I don't think we really needed a survey to prove that.
Schumacer truly is the biggest name in F1.
You ask a little Kid who knows nothing of F1, to name one driver, its always Micheal. Thats how much of an Impact he had
By darwin dali
onanistic love :P

How's your eyesight? :mrgreen:
By certom
please don't write so little DD! i cant read! :S
By madbrad
I seem to remember the tifosi did not warm up to MS in the first year.

See our F1 related articles too!