FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
In Quebec It was illegal to turn right on a red until a few years ago. But it is still not permitted in downtown Montreal. The reason is they don't know what would happen. It's home to the worst collective driving in the commonwealth.
It's Caveat Emptor for pedestrians!

I read that my own hometown was voted worst drivers in Canada. I was so shocked I had to slow down to finish the article :hehe:

...and the statistics for your town just went up a notch :hehe:

:rofl::yikes::rofl::yikes:

So Texas is not the worst??? :hehe:

Didn't know Texas is in Canada or part of the Common Wealth - they should be their own country though... :P

Texas is connected to Canada via land mass so they must obey or feel the wrath!! I'd be ok with a quick frisk though :blush: .
So Texas is not the worst??? :hehe:

Gregg, stand at a busy intersection in downtown Montreal and watch the traffic for 5 minutes and it will be obvious.

And I believe there is a separatist movement in Texas, Just like in Quebec, that interprets the verbiage of confederation to mean it was never brought into the union in the first place. The difference is Quebec elects a separatist government every other election.
You get mired in red tape in Quebec every time you apply to wipe your nose. Vehicle and driver licencing fees are outrageous compared to Ontario. Insurance is more too but that's just market forces at play, nothing to do with govt.
having been to South East Asia, i have no complaints with the idiots or the slow coaches i encounter on occasion in my country

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5WU8hilbN9Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5WU8hilbN9Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
having been to South East Asia, i have no complaints with the idiots or the slow coaches i encounter on occasion in my country

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5WU8hilbN9Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5WU8hilbN9Y&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The part of the video when people would cross the street reminds me of that online game where you have to get the object across the busy road (and maybe water?). I think it's called Frogger.
I've only owned a car for a few months now and for the most part the driving around edinburgh is pretty good but the other day I slept in and was a bit later than usual and got caught up in the school run and today I went to do a bit of shopping after work, women in those big BMWs and range rovers are mental.
People are less likely to pull out in front if you drive a big truck, and if they do i have no problem brake checking them. (they obviously do not have a problem with being close to other cars)

Metal bumper > Plastic bumper
I've only owned a car for a few months now and for the most part the driving around edinburgh is pretty good but the other day I slept in and was a bit later than usual and got caught up in the school run and today I went to do a bit of shopping after work, women in those big BMWs and range rovers are mental.

At least you don't have an issue with Hummer's taking up a lane and a half on the school run like we do here in the US!

See our F1 related articles too!