FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By Jamie
Can you still buy certain parts for MG? if so who are the current owners?
By Jamie
I like MG ZR. But don't want to buy it and be F'ckd
By texasmr2
MG's are great little cars and a blast to drive and if you don't mind a beater it would be a fun little weekend car. First thing I would do with an MG shell is install a 4AG/E w/ems, rewire the lights/dash and then work on the suspension.

Restoring a MG to original would be not only time consuming but will hit your wallet very hard. Go checkout the rag 'Classic Car', a british rag I used to buy, and then you will understand the uphill battle.
By Jamie
Not an original, the 2004 ZR
By texasmr2
I thought you wanted to start a business??
By Jamie
lmao, i do. But at the mo i have to get a car for cheap :)

a MG 2004 plate is 2k :)

So wondering if it's a good idea to get one.
By McLaren
I had one m8 dont buy one.they're awefull.Built badly prown to head gasgit.Wind noise.just awefull.
By Jamie
I had one m8 dont buy one.they're awefull.Built badly prown to head gasgit.Wind noise.just awefull.

Maybe not then, thanx pal :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
By bradphil
MG's are great little cars and a blast to drive and if you don't mind a beater it would be a fun little weekend car. First thing I would do with an MG shell is install a 4AG/E w/ems, rewire the lights/dash and then work on the suspension.

Restoring a MG to original would be not only time consuming but will hit your wallet very hard. Go checkout the rag 'Classic Car', a british rag I used to buy, and then you will understand the uphill battle.

do you think is it to spend a bucks for the MG Parts ?. We have this ZR in our garage and im thinkin to sell to a junkyard. It seems that the gear box, head gasket, and drivers side window mechanism still works.
Last edited by bradphil on 12 Mar 11, 08:09, edited 1 time in total.
By texasmr2
I have no knowledge of the newer ones and very little of the older MG's but I have known people who restored a few and they are definitely cheaper than some other resto's. Restoring should be an act of love and genuine passion for the car and some people take years to restore one so it does not hurt their budget as bad. There is an MG Midget in BRG for sale here in my town but I'm not in the position to buy it and I have another car in mind somewhere down the road.

See our F1 related articles too!