FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
Hi guys, just in case anybody is interested in watching the DTM season (and of course David Coulthard's debut in the series) in the UK that currently has sky. I just found out about (and successfully got) an offer for ESPN that's not being advertised at all.

It's not being advertised as it's not a deal for new customers, but existing ESPN customers. From what I gather, loads of folk are phoning to cancel their ESPN package at the moment as they have to give 31 days notice, and in the next month the football season is ending (and thus many people's interest in the ESPN channel!), and so Sky, to retain people in case they don't re-subscribe are offering people between 4 and 6 months free subscription.

I wasn't a current subscriber but decided to chance it and phoned up this morning and was quite open about it - I just said I was considering signing up for ESPN as I wanted to watch the run in to the end of the football season but was only wanting to sign up for a month, as obviously (!) with the season ending I had no interest in keeping the channel on a longer term basis. The girl said that what she could do was sign me up then literally there and then transfer me through to cancellations and just to tell them what I told her. I told the cancellations lady the same thing, and that I might phone up again in August to sign up again once the new football season had kicked off. She said to hold on and she would look for the correct code then, surprise surprise she said:

"Oh, if you're going to maybe sign up again in August then I can give you four months free just now, as it'll save you the hassle of phoning to reconnect"

So using these cunning lines, I managed to get ESPN and ESPN HD free until August, meaning I can watch the DTM over these months without paying for it!

So existing ESPN subscribers or those with Sky that might want to watch DTM (or of course anything else on the channel), you could give it a shot!

Looking forward to Sunday now! :)

See our F1 related articles too!