FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By cap-dude
Turns out that some PS3's are causing serious lock-outs.

The story came overnight as we transitioned from February to March. Apparently some issue to do with a leap year (even though it's not a leap year, last year was) Causing some PS3's to basically become unplayable.

Full Story.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/s ... sands.html

There's been talk about re-calls and everything.
By emma
Ugh. This SUCKS. Tried to play Heavy Rain this morning, got the error message everyone's getting, then went online and found out it was everywhere... Now we can't even play some games offline!
This is HUGE.
I really hope recalls aren't necessary. It would take an age to sort it all out, and FFXIII comes out really soon, and that's the game I bought my PS3 for in the first place - typical, lol. Hopefully it'll sort itself out, or Sony can patch it.
By texasmr2
I can sign in just fine. Oh wait, thats because I have an xbox.

Xbox win!

:rofl:

After having both the PS1 and PS2 and playing the Xbox I agree, PS for the win hands down. :yes:
By 7UpJordan

Xbox win!

After having both the PS1 and PS2 and playing the Xbox I agree, PS for the win hands down. :yes:

They don't build consoles like they used to, I've got a NES (the original Nintendo) that's just as old as me and still works fine. :yes:
By cap-dude

Xbox win!

They don't build consoles like they used to, I've got a NES (the original Nintendo) that's just as old as me and still works fine. :yes:

Didn't the NES used to freeze when removed the controller :hehe: Good ol days. I still love play the SNES and SegaMegaDrive
By bud
wondered why i couldnt sign onto the network. I was blaming my ISP, my apologies Telstra lol
By scotty
xbox win? Didn't xbox live feck up for an entire week one time or something? Not to mention RROD! :twisted:
By LifeW12
Turns out that some PS3's are causing serious lock-outs.

The story came overnight as we transitioned from February to March. Apparently some issue to do with a leap year (even though it's not a leap year, last year was) Causing some PS3's to basically become unplayable.

Full Story.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/s ... sands.html

There's been talk about re-calls and everything.

That's why I prefer PC :):)
By suitcase
xbox win? Didn't xbox live feck up for an entire week one time or something? Not to mention RROD! :twisted:

You're probably right but I have no idea because I don't use Xbox Live.
RROD?
By myownalias
This is great news considering I just bought a PS3 :rolleyes: being delivered on Tuesday, although I'm not surprised, Sony f**ked it up again!!! :banghead:
By stonemonkey
This is great news considering I just bought a PS3 :rolleyes: being delivered on Tuesday, although I'm not surprised, Sony f**ked it up again!!! :banghead:

I think you should be ok, it was the older fat PS3s that were affected and only for a day or two.

See our F1 related articles too!