Your favourite motorsport photos

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Gaz
Banned

Re: Your favourite motorsport photos

Postby Gaz »

Amanda wrote:I agree about the Hill-Stewart one, it definitely looks photoshopped to me which is why I didn't post it originally. I had a look around to try and find an original source but couldn't find one so I assumed it was a fake and posted the Jackie Stewart one instead.

Gilles 27 wrote:Amanda, is that 3rd pic of yours at Solitude?

According to the place I stole it from, yes. I really wouldn't have a clue otherwise.

Yeah it looks like the orginal jackie one, edited to make it wider and jackie's car smaller and rotated abit. Then another car placed behind it with a fake shadow.

Take away the shadow though and..

Looks more authetic no?
Last edited by Gaz on 15 Feb 10, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Postby Jabberwocky »

darwin_dali wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:
7UpJordan wrote:
paulricard89.jpg

everytime I see that pic I start singing "I am a passenger"

Well, here's hope you won't quit your day job :P

my day job!

I am a worm farmer, did you know it is a difficult job. the most basic thing we have to do is use a tuning fork. Most people believe that the number on them is to show the frequency but that is not correct. the number shows how many worms you get out of the ground in a minute if you strike the fork and place it in the ground. The worms are attracted to the vibration because they think it is rain. Just like F1 the number is effected by things like air pressure, temperature, and humidity. Remember the early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
A racing car that does not win, is just art
7UpJordan

Postby 7UpJordan »

Even by the time wings were appearing the cars could still get airborne, like James Hunt's Hesketh here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"And Mansell was lucky not to be taken off by that RIDICULOUS bit of driving by Alliot!!" - James Hunt
"AAAAAND into the pitlane..... OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" - Murray Walker
texasmr2
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Postby texasmr2 »

Jabberwocky wrote:I am a worm farmer, did you know it is a difficult job. the most basic thing we have to do is use a tuning fork. Most people believe that the number on them is to show the frequency but that is not correct. the number shows how many worms you get out of the ground in a minute if you strike the fork and place it in the ground. The worms are attracted to the vibration because they think it is rain. Just like F1 the number is effected by things like air pressure, temperature, and humidity. Remember the early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Better you than me :D ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9pPMIh ... PL&index=3
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination".
Mark Twain
Jabberwocky
Mod
Favourite Driver: 5 Iron
Favourite Team: Williams

Postby Jabberwocky »

texasmr2 wrote:
Jabberwocky wrote:I am a worm farmer, did you know it is a difficult job. the most basic thing we have to do is use a tuning fork. Most people believe that the number on them is to show the frequency but that is not correct. the number shows how many worms you get out of the ground in a minute if you strike the fork and place it in the ground. The worms are attracted to the vibration because they think it is rain. Just like F1 the number is effected by things like air pressure, temperature, and humidity. Remember the early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese

Better you than me :D ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD9pPMIh ... PL&index=3

OMG that is horrible, how can people battery farm worms, mine are free range lol

14 tons of zoopoo a week nice
A racing car that does not win, is just art
Gilles 27

Postby Gilles 27 »

Gaz wrote:
Amanda wrote:I agree about the Hill-Stewart one, it definitely looks photoshopped to me which is why I didn't post it originally. I had a look around to try and find an original source but couldn't find one so I assumed it was a fake and posted the Jackie Stewart one instead.

Gilles 27 wrote:Amanda, is that 3rd pic of yours at Solitude?

According to the place I stole it from, yes. I really wouldn't have a clue otherwise.

Yeah it looks like the orginal jackie one, edited to make it wider and jackie's car smaller and rotated abit. Then another car placed behind it with a fake shadow.

Take away the shadow though and..

Looks more authetic no?

i agree, it was the track texture and the shadows that made me suspicious but also now i think about, not many pictures of the jump at Quiddelbacher show the cars getting airborn at an angle like that, its not hard to lineup that one and somebody of Jackie's judgment would not be listing over that jump. if anything, the track cambers inward at that point so in fact, Jackie's car is leaning the wrong way.
This picture from the 1969 Eiffelrennen shows the slight effect of the camber...

@Amanda, Solitude is one of my all time favourite tracks, up there with the Nordschleife and the old Spa for me.
RA Dunk

Postby RA Dunk »

A few of my favourites

"Nice accent, where u from ?" Austria ! "well in that case, g'day mate, throw another shrimp on the barbie!"
Amanda

Postby Amanda »

Gilles 27 wrote:
i agree, it was the track texture and the shadows that made me suspicious but also now i think about, not many pictures of the jump at Quiddelbacher show the cars getting airborn at an angle like that, its not hard to lineup that one and somebody of Jackie's judgment would not be listing over that jump. if anything, the track cambers inward at that point so in fact, Jackie's car is leaning the wrong way.
This picture from the 1969 Eiffelrennen shows the slight effect of the camber...

As Jackie Oliver demonstrates
"In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane."
~ Oscar Wilde
Gilles 27

Postby Gilles 27 »

I think some sportscars are needed here...

The bottom pic is of my all time favourite corner, the Masta Kink at the old Spa...
Gaz
Banned

Postby Gaz »

I'll second that.

Gilles 27

Postby Gilles 27 »

I can't get enough of Gulf colours, Love em!
texasmr2
Favourite Team: Ferrari

Postby texasmr2 »

Great job on the classic pics everyone keep them coming. Messi that is a great pic of Lewis :wink: .

tex
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination".
Mark Twain
7UpJordan

Postby 7UpJordan »

Gilles 27 wrote:Image

An iconic livery, and it's great to see that it survives to this day and looks nice on the Lola Aston Martin LMS cars. :yes:

You can see here how the teams this year got the inspiration on how to hide their diffusers. :P

lemans88.jpg

webber.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 7UpJordan on 16 Feb 10, 19:53, edited 1 time in total.
"And Mansell was lucky not to be taken off by that RIDICULOUS bit of driving by Alliot!!" - James Hunt
Gaz
Banned

Postby Gaz »

its for cooling :angel:
7UpJordan

Postby 7UpJordan »

How to get sacked by Guy Ligier - as demonstrated by De Crasheris.