FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
An obvious one to start but nonetheless -

(Unfortunately i can't find a better quality version of this photo)

GV struggling to control his 3 wheeled Ferrari as he hurries back to the pits. Legendary photo.
I love browsing through the Cahier Archive, that's the only online F1 gallery I can ever find. Anyone know any others?

And this one is one the most iconic;

I love browsing through the Cahier Archive, that's the only online F1 gallery I can ever find. Anyone know any others?

Sutton has some good stuff. I don't bother with the ones that make you pay, there are loads of good photos out there lurking in peoples flickr accounts and stuff so I usually get on best just doing a Google image search

For me this is the most awesome thing that can possibly ever have occurred in motorsport;

Eau Rouge, lap 1, 917s, it's raining, it's the old Spa circuit, and the two greatest sportscar drivers of their generation are refusing to give up the lead. The rest of the field just hangs back and waits for the carnage.
Last edited by Gilles 27 on 11 Feb 10, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.

Eau Rouge, lap 1, 917s, it's raining, it's the old Spa circuit, and the two greatest sportscar drivers of their generation are refusing to give up the lead. The rest of the field just hangs back and waits for the carnage.

That is fantastic :thumbup: !
That Mat Neal one is excellent! He is from my home town (or near enough), too bad he is the World's Filthiest Driver!

it's the light bulbs i like in this one, they look temporary too! i wonder what would have happened if someone took out the whole line of them? Drivers really did have to leave a bigger margin for error in those days, even at Monaco.
I just got this pic in a joke email....

it is a cool photo, but I have to think that it hurt.

That was the idea back them. Better to be flung out of the car than to be strapped into a rolling petrol tank

See our F1 related articles too!