FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
http://www.iracing.com/news/williams-f1 ... iams-fw31/

iRacing.com will build a virtual version of the 2009 AT&T Williams FW31 and make it available to members of its internet-based global motorsport simulation service. The announcement at the Autosport International show in Birmingham, UK was made jointly by Williams F1 and iRacing.com Motorsport Simulation, LLC.

Not sure how much the F1 community has heard about iRacing.com but i thought i would post this here for anyone interested.
In a way, all of the tracks are laser scanned, and each car and track cost extra to buy. Plus there is a subscription. But dont let that scare you away. It's worth a try, right now the only other F1 car in iRacing is the Lotus 79, but there are many other road racing cars as well as the NASCAR stuff and local american stock cars. They have really been expanding out of the US over the last year and are getting V8 supercars and now this deal with Williams F1.

edit:

I forgot to explain the racing there. When you first start out at iRacing you are a Rookie, and must work your way up through the classes to the faster cars, after the rookie class there are D,C,B, and A. How fast you move up is based on how safe you drive. All races are against other people, there is no AI. Races are schedule for almost each class every two hours, all week long. Each week is at a different track, there are 12 weeks in a season, and 4 seasons through the year. You are put in races based on your iRating, which is based off of how you finish each race, this allows iRacing to group you with drivers more around your speed so guys who are not as fast can race against each other while the fast guys run in their own split. After the class A stuff there is also Pro and Driver World Cup, these are for the fastest 250 drivers in the system.

See our F1 related articles too!