FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By MAD MAX
Help,.....Its been a few years, but I'm taking my young nephew to the British G.P next year. I'm travelling from up North and staying at my brothers house the night before in Oxford.
Can you give me please some serious advice on travel/parking etc etc. Am I best getting someone to drop us off and collect us, or am I ok taking my own car and parking at the circuit (I'm concerned at how long it takes to exit the circuit afterwards)
So basically guys I'm looking for the regular Silverstone attenders to give me a list of 'do's and 'don'ts' when attending the British G.P on all aspects, many thanks Max
Hi, I park at windmill campsite(behind copse) , if I leave as soon as the GP finishes i can be home to nottingham in an hour or so,m very little traffic problems.
Can non campers park there, if so what are the costs, directions, do I need to pre-book etc ta

Yes non campers can park there but Im not sure of the costs. You can ring them and ask its windmill campsite silverstone (google it). You dont have to pre book and can exit via a back entrance.

edit- the campsite is situated behind copse corner , you can get to it by an exit near the circuit(next to the marshalls site). Or you can enter via the back entrance which is on the small road that runs between Whittlebury and Silverstone vllage.

There are lots more silverstone threads if you do a search so you may get more informaton there.
Your post is very impressive..definitely i will be planning for silverstone this year..
Thanks for sharing with us..

You're welcome, fo shure :-P
Hopefully this thread will get populated with some interesting stuff... I'm going to Silverstone for the first time this year (just the race day), have got stand tickets in Vale.

For what it's worth, am staying in a hotel in Wellingborough on the Saturday and getting the M1 park & ride to/from the circuit.

See our F1 related articles too!