FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By dccoulthard
I was thinking the other day.....what was my favorite race?

I mean there are a lot of races, but the one that I sticks out was the 1997 Hungarian GP when Damon Hill, in an Arrrows, nearly pulled off a huge win over the Williams.

Just throwing this out to see what others might think.

1996 Monaco is a close second to me :)
By McLaren
I'd love to see some decent footage of the 1970 Monaco GP or the 1969 British GP

Those aside any footage of Gilles is always more than welcome,the lap when he went flat out with only 3 wheels :hehe:
By McLaren
I'd love to see some decent footage of the 1970 Monaco GP or the 1969 British GP

Those aside any footage of Gilles is always more than welcome,the lap when he went flat out with only 3 wheels :hehe:
legend
By scotty
There's loads... Britain '98, Europe '99 and '95, Brazil '93 and '03, Japan 2005, etc etc etc... :P

The qualifying session from Watkins Glen in 1979 would be the holy grail of F1 footage for me but no footage exists :(

Why the qualifying session? I don't know what happened but the race was meant to be pretty good.
By EwanM
If I remember rightly I think it was a wet qually and Villeneuve was fastest by around 9 seconds or something like that.
There's loads... Britain '98, Europe '99 and '95, Brazil '93 and '03, Japan 2005, etc etc etc... :P

The qualifying session from Watkins Glen in 1979 would be the holy grail of F1 footage for me but no footage exists :(

Why the qualifying session? I don't know what happened but the race was meant to be pretty good.

It was soaking wet and Scheckter had pole in the other Ferrari, Gilles went out and did a number of laps driving the car ridiculously sideways for the conditions, supposedly just to have some fun and he came back in with a slow puncture but in the process, he had gone over 9 seconds faster than anyone else. Watkins Glen is such a short lap, I don't really understand how anyone could be 9 seconds faster or slower than anyone else. It just sounds immense!
By EwanM
Actually in referenece to Gerald Donaldson's fantastic protrayal of Villeneuve (which this topic has led me to fetch and research) he claims it was 11 seconds.
By scotty
I just read that happened in practice and only 6 cars went out, but that was from wikipedia so who knows really. :hehe:

When was it where he kept a train of 5 much better handling cars behind him for the entire race? Wouldn't mind seeing that one.
By EwanM
I just read that happened in practice and only 6 cars went out, but that was from wikipedia so who knows really. :hehe:

When was it where he kept a train of 5 much better handling cars behind him for the entire race? Wouldn't mind seeing that one.

Jarama 1981

See our F1 related articles too!