FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Marco
I was thinking today, given the sudden and unjustified backlash towards the motorcar, particularly here in Britain, is F1's future safe if it continues in the same direction? What does F1 have to do to survive, and how long will the sport be tolerated by Western countries now up on this global warming rubbish? :roll:
By Freddie
How about a hydrogen engine if they can figure out how to store it safely in the tank ?

They would lose some 20-30% of the horsepower but it would still be an internal combustion engine which would still make a hell of a noise. And pure water steam would come out of the exhaust pipes

I think that could be the solution
By McLaren786
I was thinking today, given the sudden and unjustified backlash towards the motorcar, particularly here in Britain, is F1's future safe if it continues in the same direction? What does F1 have to do to survive, and how long will the sport be tolerated by Western countries now up on this global warming rubbish? :roll:

I'd be careful what ou say about global warming, i love racing but global warming is not rubbish it is a serious issue. Leicester hasn't had a single snowflake and temperatures have never dropped under 0. F1 needs to find a solution because then technology can be passed onto the road.
By Marco
Have a look here regarding the car and climate change.

Also, let us not forget, the naff weather at the moment also has ALOT to do with El Niño, a 7 yearly event which plays with temperatures.

Of course the government don't want you to know all this information, because they can tax you for this supposed climate change!
By darwin dali
MM has already (finally!) reacted to these future challenges with the introduction of his 'green' future for F1.
By bud
Marco are you for real? so basically the amount of rubbish we are pumping into our atmosphere has NOOO effect what so ever??
El Nino is the cause... well thats grand isnt it as long as your in the northern hempisphere as thats the only place it occurs so why not come down here and tell the drought stricken farmers and the city folk who have water restrictions because of lack of rain from winter months where temperatures would probably have you english wearing shorts in summer.
By Selcouth_Feline
Marco are you for real? so basically the amount of rubbish we are pumping into our atmosphere has NOOO effect what so ever??

Of course it has an effect. However, cars are not as evil and atmosphere-destroying as everyone makes them out to be. It's just everyone's jumped on this whole green 'cars are bad' bandwagon - don't get me wrong, I think it would be good if cars did go greener, but the constant drive that all things car-related are bad and evil is just irritating and wrong.
By Marco
Sorry Bud, maybe I was being overly dramatic. Im just a little fed up, I recycle, dont drive much and if i could afford it, id have a solar panel attached to my house. But despite this we in the uk are being taxed on everything we have to use as part of daily life, we have no way of avoiding the environment tax unless you want to sit at home, not wash, turn off your central heating and collect water in a bucket. :(

And the government talk of the Prius as a environmentally friendly car, well its actually not, its the 75th most environmental car, actually behind a version of Jeep! Of course the government only look at consumption and output, you know its actually better for the environment to drive around in a twenty year old car than to buy a new one, with all the environmental costs of building a car, and desposing of batteries/engines etc when it's life is over.

If the government were really bothered about the environment we'd move to nuclear power stations with immediate effect.

See our F1 related articles too!