FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By F1-Obsessed
Hello,
I'm an big F1 fan and can't wait for the grand prix this weekend, i'll be following tomorrow practise on the computers in the library at school!!
In Geography we are doing a project linking a sport to an aspect of Geography and i was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of quick questions to help me, preferably from near a circuit or with an F1 background/job?
1. Do you notice a sudden influx of people on a race weekend?
2. If Yes to Q1, is it mostly people from the teams or spectators?
3. Approx. how many people do the teams bring with them?
4. What are the short term effects of hosting the grand prix?
5. What are the long term effects of hosting the grand prix?

Thanks in advance :)
By texasmr2
Hello,
I'm an big F1 fan and can't wait for the grand prix this weekend, i'll be following tomorrow practise on the computers in the library at school!!
In Geography we are doing a project linking a sport to an aspect of Geography and i was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of quick questions to help me, preferably from near a circuit or with an F1 background/job?
1. Do you notice a sudden influx of people on a race weekend?
YES
2. If Yes to Q1, is it mostly people from the teams or spectators?
Spectators imho.
3. Approx. how many people do the teams bring with them?
Atleast 50-100 people I would think including the hospitality team.
4. What are the short term effects of hosting the grand prix?
I would say the short term effect would be the 'open arms' experience ?
5. What are the long term effects of hosting the grand prix?
Brand/team recognition and the perception of the team and the brands ie the sponsors.

Thanks in advance :)
By scotty
I can tell you the effects the Moto GP has around Donington Park if that's any use to you... they'd be pretty similar to the effects of the F1 here next year.
By McLaren Fan
Nice one: do a school project on Formula One to give you an excuse to watch it in class. :hehe:
By texasmr2
Nice one: do a school project on Formula One to give you an excuse to watch it in class. :hehe:

+100! :thumbup:
By racechick
My kids have done a whole term on F1 and next Friday are haveing a GP in the playground.We've designed a track and its been painted on and the kids have designed and made team shirts-theyre 4/5 years old. Would love to post pics on here but somehow dont think it would be appropriate.

As regards effect of GP. I live near Donnington and have been to Silverstone GP for many years.

Effects-traffic disruption (airport disruption too in the case of Donnington), huge influx of people and accompanying noise. Incredible atmosphere and the opportunity to make lots of money. Whether you like the affect of a GP depends on your standpoint

If you like F1-Its ace cos all the action and atmosphere is right on your door step.

If you want to make money(whether you like F1 or not) you can make it in loads of ways. Bed and breakfasts, let out campimg areas, local businesses selling provisions, hotels, pubs and restaurants etc.

If you dont like F1 and dont want to make money-GO AWAY SOMEWHERE ELSE FOR THE WEEKEND!!
By Leo-The_Red
I wrote about F1 in my Gcse english exam :cloud9:

I did something similar actually. In my year 10 English exam we had to write a story with the title : In the Dark. I did mine on the Singapore Grand Prix. My teacher decided it wasn't relevant!!! :banghead::rolleyes:

EDIT: D'oh I put Silverstone instead of Singapore
Last edited by Leo-The_Red on 27 Jun 09, 22:01, edited 2 times in total.
By racechick

I did something similar actually. In my year 10 English exam we had to write a story with the title : In the Dark. I did mine on the Silverstone Grand Prix. My teacher decided it wasn't relevant!!! :banghead::rolleyes:

Stupid teacher!!!!
By texasmr2

I did something similar actually. In my year 10 English exam we had to write a story with the title : In the Dark. I did mine on the Silverstone Grand Prix. My teacher decided it wasn't relevant!!! :banghead::rolleyes:

Stupid teacher!!!!

:rofl:

See our F1 related articles too!