FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By simcaster
I know that this could be a controversial thread, but here goes.

I know Prost was not racing in 1994 but if it had been him who had died, would he have been worshipped as the god. I wasn't alive in the Senna hey days so I don't know about the euphoria (I think that is the right word) surrounding him. And if Senna had carried on in his life would he have just gone on into retirement?

No disrespect to the master. Its just a question I have been wanting to ask for a while.

I'm not sure if I explained myself too well then. Sorry if I didn't.
By Bruno_Brazil
You mean that a good person's death in his best moment makes him a hero for the history. right ?
Well...it does make sense.
But Senna was worshipped as the god before he die...so I don't think his death really makes difference on tihis "battle" (Senna x Prost)
By Gaz
I know that this could be a controversial thread, but here goes.

I know Prost was not racing in 1994 but if it had been him who had died, would he have been worshipped as the god. I wasn't alive in the Senna hey days so I don't know about the euphoria (I think that is the right word) surrounding him. And if Senna had carried on in his life would he have just gone on into retirement?

No disrespect to the master. Its just a question I have been wanting to ask for a while.

I'm not sure if I explained myself too well then. Sorry if I didn't.

I suppose tho not as much as senna - like Bruno says he was already Worshipped before his death.

I do think Senna would of won at least 2 more wdc with the 1994,5,6 ,7 williams prob 3-4 and obv taken a few of Schui so i don't think schui would of been as big as he was.
By texasmr2
As one who had watched Senna from the beginning of his career, and Prost aswell, I have confidence in saying that even without WDC's Senna was the master in a certain sense. Prost was a methodical driver as where Ayrton was the epitomy of a true, balls to the wall I must be faster than everyone on every lap, racer.

I can honestly say without fear of contradiction that I loved Ayrton and I cried when I watched him pass at Imola in '94. Heck I'm getting misty typing this reply just thinking about him. :(

tex
By Bruno_Brazil
As one who had watched Senna from the beginning of his career, and Prost aswell, I have confidence in saying that even without WDC's Senna was the master in a certain sense. Prost was a methodical driver as where Ayrton was the epitomy of a true, balls to the wall I must be faster than everyone on every lap, racer.

I can honestly say without fear of contradiction that I loved Ayrton and I cried when I watched him pass at Imola in '94. Heck I'm getting misty typing this reply just thinking about him. :(

tex

I don't even like to talk about his death...only by just reading about I get cheerless. :(
Rest In Peace, Idol.
By texasmr2
Yes I would have tossed the tape in the bin if it did not have other races on it. I have never watched that race since it took place and never will, one of my goals is to visit him at his final resting place out of my respect and love for him as a true racer and gentleman :( .
By racechick
Prost was very good but Senna had magic. He left you breathless. Schumacher would not have had what he did had senna lived.
By SAS88
Prost was very good but Senna had magic. He left you breathless. Schumacher would not have had what he did had senna lived.

You say that like it is gospel. No one needs to iterate here on the ability of Senna, because his races speaks for him, but it's a bit far-fetched to say if he lived then Schumacher would not have done what he did, considering Senna had a poor start to that season and Schumacher was really picking up around that time. There were many possibilities, not one.
By Gilles 27
I reckon Schumacher was a better all round F1 driver than Senna. Senna had more ultimate pace and was a faster driver but Schumacher wasn't at all far off and had an absolute mastery of every other aspect of what is required to be successful in F1. Schumacher's greatest achievement was turning Ferrari into such a dominant team. There is no one else in the history of the sport that i can think of who could have done that.
By racechick

You say that like it is gospel. No one needs to iterate here on the ability of Senna, because his races speaks for him, but it's a bit far-fetched to say if he lived then Schumacher would not have done what he did, considering Senna had a poor start to that season and Schumacher was really picking up around that time. There were many possibilities, not one.

Look at the cars they were in. And the beneton was illegal.
By SAS88

Says who? The end result was that everything was investigated and amidst the nail-biting, finger pointing, and fines, it was cleared in courts.
By racechick

Says who? The end result was that everything was investigated and amidst the nail-biting, finger pointing, and fines, it was cleared in courts.

FIA courts :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

When the cars were investigated for traction control it took Flavio THREE WEEKS to provide the FIA with the evidence! Other teams submitted it immediately :rolleyes: AND they knew one team was using traction control but decided to do nothing!!
By bud

If Schumacher only just beat Damon Hill in 94 wouldnt you say Senna would have beaten Hill quite convincingly in doing so Schumacher along with him?

but its the same argument from Schumacher fans.
By SAS88

FIA courts :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

When the cars were investigated for traction control it took Flavio THREE WEEKS to provide the FIA with the evidence! Other teams submitted it immediately :rolleyes: AND they knew one team was using traction control but decided to do nothing!!

This is not only with FIA courts but any kind of legal proceeding, just because they took 3 weeks to hand it doesn't necessarily mean they were illegally dealing with traction controls, you'd be kicked out of law school for even suggesting such a thing, it's known as "circumstantial evidence". You can rofl all you want, but the world of F1 is a lot bigger than this forum, perhaps you will realize that eventually...
:rofl:

But thanks anyways for giving me news from 1994 which everyone has heard over and over again, it's gotten to the point that my grandma might be able to quote whole sources. I don't know the full details, and in either case, the FIA had more details than we do.

In case you haven't realized it, it sounds like you are a propagating a conspiracy theory here, what next, appeal to Senna's hearing by standing on the circuit trying to hear the traction control in effect? :drink:
Last edited by SAS88 on 07 Apr 09, 07:22, edited 1 time in total.
By SAS88

If Schumacher only just beat Damon Hill in 94 wouldnt you say Senna would have beaten Hill quite convincingly in doing so Schumacher along with him?

but its the same argument from Schumacher fans.

I don't quite understand the question dude.

See our F1 related articles too!