FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
F1live:
A museum honouring the racing career of David Coulthard will be shut down, its curator has announced.

Four years ago, the Scottish racer's sister Lynsay stopped looking after the museum on behalf of the family business because she moved away from their birthplace Twynholm.

Fan Wendy McKenzie took over the duties, but she has announced the museum's closure ‘with a very heavy heart’.

It is rumoured in the Scottish press that the reason for the closure is the decline in interest following 13-time race winner Coulthard's retirement as a race driver.

McKenzie added: "Short of a miracle, it will not be opening to the general public again."

37-year-old Coulthard remains an advisor to Red Bull's F1 team in 2009 and will have a punditry role for British television.

Decline in interest, hm... How about another stunt like the Superman thing or somtin'? :twisted::paperbag:
I wasn't even aware he had a museum. I'd certainly not travel far to sit it.
By EwanM
I've visited it before, it was pretty awesome. I live pretty close to where he was born anyways.
DD won't like the fact im distantly related to David Coulthard :hehe:
dam, and you never got to visit it either DD? bet your devistated?

Yeah, I am - never got to see my schmexy cubehead in wax :hehe:
I've visited it before, it was pretty awesome. I live pretty close to where he was born anyways.

I vaguely remember seeing your mug and yeah, I could see the resemblance :P
By Gaz

Whats hes your 2nd cousin, sisters, mothers, great uncle twice removed in law? :P

See our F1 related articles too!