FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By scotty
Went today with a couple of mates for the first time in years, they've got some brilliant F1 cars in there and i thought i'd share! :)

Schumacher's Ferrari from the 2000 season - he won in Canada and got pole in Hungary with that very car.

Many McLarens... there is a room full of them from most years in the 80's and 90's, it was an incredible sight. The rear wing you can see near the back of that photo is Senna's 1993 McLaren - the one he drove to his last ever victory at Adelaide. The picture of that car came out blurry. :(

Unfortunately the only JPS Lotus they had there, this is one of Mansell's from the early 80's. It looked a bit battered so i think it had been raced - there was no info given on it though.

The McLaren MP4/14 Hakkinen drove at Suzuka to claim the title in 1999. An amazing sight - and thought.

Button's Williams FW22, this car looked incredible in the flesh.

The Jordan 198 Damon Hill won with at Spa in 1998!!! :D

Senna's Toleman from '84 - the double rear wing is nuts.

Jag R3 from 2002, another stunner.

One of the 3 Williams FW18 chassis Damon Hill used in 1996.

McLaren MP4/5b, one of my personal favourites.

There were many more brilliant cars but my phone ran out of battery before i got the chance to get pictures.

The phone also explains the grainy and somewhat blurred pictures. :P
Nice pics, thanks. Not too bad for a cameraphone.

Yeah i was quite surprised myself - i set my phone to the highest resolution possible, approx. 1600x1200. I don't mind uploading/emailing the higher res pictures for anyone who wants them. :)

Awesome dude!!! Thanks for that. That must have been an awesome sight seeing those McLarens!!! I can see an mp4/4 at the very back of the McLaren picture.

Yeah, you just walk around the corner and there's about 20 of them sat there! :hehe: The MP4/4 is the one with the Marlboro writing 'barcoded', the '93 car is facing away from the camera there.
Man, I've only ever been to that museum once, and that was years and years ago.
Awesome, do they still have the random "sounds" and videos playing in certain display areas?
Great pictures. Thanks. :)
I had a look at some flight prices. Ryanair are doing a seat sale at the moment, so I think I may be taking a wee trip to Donington myself in June. 8-)
Man, I've only ever been to that museum once, and that was years and years ago.
Awesome, do they still have the random "sounds" and videos playing in certain display areas?

No videos, but many backlit photos and if they did have sounds i couldn't hear them cause there was a track day on. Those Ginetta racers are surprisingly loud, as was this LMP-esque car. :P

I had a look at some flight prices. Ryanair are doing a seat sale at the moment, so I think I may be taking a wee trip to Donington myself in June. 8-)

You can probably get a return ticket for under £40! It only costs £7 to get in the museum too, i think that is an absolute bargain. Oh, and there's a simulator in the lobby where you can drive around the new circuit, unfortunately it is only available on Thursdays and Fridays (i think). That costs extra though.

I don't mind uploading/emailing the higher res pictures for anyone who wants them. :).

If you have anymore, please share!!

Sure thing.

Jordan 191.

I hopped over the rope to get a close up of Hakkinen's cockpit - note the mini map of Suzuka and the rear-facing onboard camera.

Another shot of Hakkinen's McLaren.

That's it for the good photos really, there are loads of Williamses in the museum (including the walrus nosed one from '04 haha) in there but none of the pics came out well, then the phone battery went before i could get better ones.
You can probably get a return ticket for under £40! It only costs £7 to get in the museum too, i think that is an absolute bargain.

The flights to East Midlands are a tenner return, but there's some taxes to be added on to that. Even so, I'd still say it would be about £20-25 or so.
You can probably get a return ticket for under £40! It only costs £7 to get in the museum too, i think that is an absolute bargain.

The flights to East Midlands are a tenner return, but there's some taxes to be added on to that. Even so, I'd still say it would be about £20-25 or so.

I never said that :wink::wink::eek::rofl:

But I would agree with that. It is a good museum at Donington, maybe tht'll be included in the Jacobite seige of June 2009...

I never said that :wink::wink::eek::rofl:

But I would agree with that. It is a good museum at Donington, maybe tht'll be included in the Jacobite seige of June 2009...

Also, you should have flashed your student card: you'd have got in for a fiver! :P
Nice pics Scotty, I went there back in November, very interesting pic there of the Jordan 191 with its nose-cone removed.

See our F1 related articles too!