FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
I dont think it would have worked - Ferrari present much much more of a challenge than Mclaren at that stage and i thnk thats what Shumi was after, if he went to Mclaren he would have won races but he wouldnt have had the satisfaction of helping to rebuild a great team back up to its best
I don't think it would have worked for several reasons. First, it has to be pointed out that Schumacher was very close to moving to McLaren because of his connexions with Mercedes. The deal fell through because Schumacher wanted to basically control in the team as he did at Ferrari; Dennis wasn't prepared to have this. Further, could you imagine Hakkinen willing to become Schumacher's tea boy? No. Hypothetically speaking, if Schumacher came to the team, would he have had the same success as he did at Ferrari? I think he would have had a lot of success, but not quite as much as achieved with Ferrari. From about 2000 to 2005/6, McLaren was distracted with the plans for the Technology Centre and riven with political events; hence the cars were not up to standard. Perhaps Hakkinen could have jumped ship to Ferrari and win a few more titles. :D
By KyrosV
What if Senna lived in 1994?

what if Damon Hill had taken up the offers from Mclaren and ferrari at the end of 1996?

What if Montoya had stayed at Mclaren into 2007?

So many might of beens

See our F1 related articles too!