FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
Even if it was just the FIRST LAP it would still be in the history books :wink:

schumacher who? :hehe:

:hehe:
I always wondered how Wendlinger might have fared if he didn't get shoved off the track by Andretti - who was doing another one of his first lap specials.
I always wondered how Wendlinger might have fared if he didn't get shoved off the track by Andretti - who was doing another one of his first lap specials.

yeap, for a guy used to drive in ovals, he forgot many times to make a curve, and went straight :hehe:
I'm glad people liked it. I was pretty chuffed to find it on You Tube, for although I've seen the first lap and other tidbits many times over, seeing it the other day was the first time I'd seen the race in full since I was knee high, and I appreciate it a lot more. I got a real buzz out of watching it. For me, that Grand Prix is the paradigm performance of wet-weather driving and coping with changeable conditions. Although Senna said it was not as difficult as some of his previous wet-weather victories because of traction control, it is precisely because of traction control that this victory must be regarded as his finest. Traction control and other electronic gizmos should have leveled the playing field and negated Senna's skill advantage, but they absolutely did not. Senna's driving was superhuman that day.

See our F1 related articles too!