FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
I've never been to the museum before, but I'll have to see if I can get some cheap flights from Belfast and go when I'm off on holiday, particularly to see this collection of cars:

:flamethrower:

http://www.donington-park.co.uk/grand-p ... ion-museum
Chris,
It sure sound's like it would be a great holliday tour and I'm curious as to how far you would have to travel and the cost? That would be great if you could make it and oh the storie's and pic's would be worth every dime! :wink:
I've been a few times cause it's just 10/15 miles away from me, and i'd say that it's something any big F1 fan should go and see at some point in their life if the opportunity arises - all those cars in one place is a great sight. Pretty much every F1 car you could ever want to see in the flesh is there.

I have a picture of me cheekily sitting on the left front wheel of Mansell's FW14B when i was a kid. :hehe:

EDIT: I didn't realise it was on 7 quid to go in!! I might have to go the weekend after this! :eek:
Chris,
It sure sound's like it would be a great holliday tour and I'm curious as to how far you would have to travel and the cost? That would be great if you could make it and oh the storie's and pic's would be worth every dime! :wink:

I had a look at some prices on the internet. Flights from Belfast to East Midlands would be the best part of £60. Transport from the airport to the museum would cost probably the best part of £20. The museum is a rather generous £7 in! I'd be there all day, so would need about £10 for food and drink. It seems a lot of money for one day's trip. I would like to go some time, but being a student and with the economy being up the left, I think I'll leave it for another year. :(
Chris,

I had a look at some prices on the internet. Flights from Belfast to East Midlands would be the best part of £60. Transport from the airport to the museum would cost probably the best part of £20. The museum is a rather generous £7 in! I'd be there all day, so would need about £10 for food and drink. It seems a lot of money for one day's trip. I would like to go some time, but being a student and with the economy being up the left, I think I'll leave it for another year. :(

Yah I can understand your delima and sympathize with it, maybe next year right!! Is this a function that is held every year?

Gregg
Chris,

Yah I can understand your delima and sympathize with it, maybe next year right!! Is this a function that is held every year?

Gregg

It's a museum, so it's always open.
I went there in 1995, I'll have to dig out the old pics at somepoint, but I'd love to go again before they relocate the museum so Mr H Tilke can carry out his track modifications.

See our F1 related articles too!