FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
If you were an F1 driver which of these crashes would you not ever want to be in

A. Big crash spa 1998
B. Robert Kubicas crash Canada 2007
C. Martin Donnellys career ending crash Jerez 1990
D. Christian Fittipaldis backward flip Monza 1993
E. Michael Schumachers crash Britain 1999
F. Alex Caffi Monaco 1991
G. Karl Wendlinger Monaco qualifying 1994
H. Rubens Barrichello San Marino practice 1994
All of them, to be honest. :hehe:
If you were an F1 driver which of these crashes would you not ever want to be in

A. Big crash spa 1998
B. Robert Kubicas crash Canada 2007
C. Martin Donnellys career ending crash Jerez 1990
D. Christian Fittipaldis backward flip Monza 1993
E. Michael Schumachers crash Britain 1999
F. Alex Caffi Monaco 1991
G. Karl Wendlinger Monaco qualifying 1994
H. Rubens Barrichello San Marino practice 1994

Since I live out my masochistic tendencies in a very different arena: I wouldn't want to be in any of them!
Out of the ones that were listed I would hate to be in the 98 spa crash, but out of all the crashes in history I would say that Roger Williamson's crash at the 1973 Dutch Grand Prix would be so much worse, burning in an overturned f1 car is never good. And the worst part is that a fellow driver tried to help when the corner workers seemed to half-heartedly help.
Who was the guy that tried to save him was it Mike Hailwood or Harold Ertl I think Ertl was one of the drivers who helped save Niki Lauda. So it must have been Hailwood.

Personally out of my list I would have gone for Donnellys crash at Spain. It was amazing that he even survived the crash being thrown out of his Lotus seat and all OUCH! that must have really hurt. That poor guy and his career was really comin along.

I cant remember how many bones he broke in his body I jst know it was a lot!
Donnelly's crash at Jerez in 1990, I don't think I would have survived being thrown out of a totally destroyed Cockpit into the middle of the track.
How about Nelson Piquet's crash in San Marino at Tamburello in '87 :eek: !
I was watching and recording that live and was amazed he survived. Here is a YouTube video of the accident but it does not do justice to the actual speed and force that Nelson hit the wall with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1uKlyZDYcg

The old Tamburello again. :(
The old Tamburello again. :(

Yah after that crash I was haunted for year's and thought I was over it until that fatefull day :( .

So how about those Astro's aye!!!!
Think you have to consider Giles's fatal crash.
Also Paletti in 1982. What another sad way to lose a life.
Berge 1989 also at that infamous Imola corner I won't mention :(
Thank god for the invention of CF and it's introduction into F1, the sport and fan's would be mourning alot more driver's without it I'm sure. :)

See our F1 related articles too!