FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By Fred_C_Dobbs
One critical error, Hazel Chapman knows why husband Colin chose the name 'Lotus' but being as she hasn't yet, it's unlikely she ever will reveal the answer. If Clive knows, he's not talking either, and likely won't until his after mother's death.

One critical omission, Ferruccio Lamborghini's sign of the Zodiac was Taurus, hence the fascination with bulls. After a tiff with Enzo Ferrari over a clutch gone bad in Ferruccio's own Ferrari, he started his own car company and swore to drive Ferrari out of business. In the arena, the horse is easy prey for the charging bull so Ferruccio thought the symbolism was apropos. A great many of his cars were/are named for breeds of Spanish bulls bred specifically for the ring or for a single famous fighting bull.

Ferrari's prancing stallion was adapted from the nose art of an Italian nobleman and WWI fighter pilot.

The Dodge car company's original logo was a Star of David, but none of the Dodge brothers were Jewish.

I luv Wiki :D:thumbup: .

Not Wiki, Dobbsie, terror of the Trivial Pursuits set.
By What's Burning?
One critical error, Hazel Chapman knows why husband Colin chose the name 'Lotus' but being as she hasn't yet, it's unlikely she ever will reveal the answer. If Clive knows, he's not talking either, and likely won't until his after mother's death.

One critical omission, Ferruccio Lamborghini's sign of the Zodiac was Taurus, hence the fascination with bulls. After a tiff with Enzo Ferrari over a clutch gone bad in Ferruccio's own Ferrari, he started his own car company and swore to drive Ferrari out of business. In the arena, the horse is easy prey for the charging bull so Ferruccio thought the symbolism was apropos. A great many of his cars were/are named for breeds of Spanish bulls bred specifically for the ring or for a single famous fighting bull.

Ferrari's prancing stallion was adapted from the nose art of an Italian nobleman and WWI fighter pilot.

The Dodge car company's original logo was a Star of David, but none of the Dodge brothers were Jewish.

I luv Wiki :D:thumbup: .

Not Wiki, Dobbsie, terror of the Trivial Pursuits set.

LOL, that's right, after all someone has to write the wikis.
By The_Stig_Money
Alfa Romeo has the best logo, simply because it has a dragon eating a person. Which goes to show Alfas are never boring

By madbrad
Alfa Romeo has the best logo, simply because it has a dragon eating a person. Which goes to show Alfas are never boring

And not just any dragon, one that has a serpent body and is a monarch! Now that is truly badass!
By What's Burning?

And not just any dragon, one that has a serpent body and is a monarch! Now that is truly badass!

That might be more of a forked tongue... or fire breathing rather than a person. Unless that's how Italian parents scare the little tifosi to sleep.
By darwin dali

That might be more of a forked tongue... or fire breathing rather than a person. Unless that's how Italian parents scare the little tifosi to sleep.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Alfa_ ... lution.jpg
By scotty
Not a manufacturer logo per se but i love this logo, and any car it appears upon:

By Fred_C_Dobbs
Not a manufacturer logo per se but i love this logo, and any car it appears upon:

That reminds me of this:

By What's Burning?

So what is the significance of that logo or any car that it appears upon?
By darwin dali

So what is the significance of that logo or any car that it appears upon?

That it's time for a Guinness?
By Fred_C_Dobbs
It's an old Alfa good luck charm. At first they only put it on their racing cars. Over time, they started using it on some road cars as well to try to imply a racing heritage.
By madbrad
It's an old Alfa good luck charm. At first they only put it on their racing cars. Over time, they started using it on some road cars as well to try to imply a racing heritage.

And called them Quadrifoglio models.
By What's Burning?
Ahhh I've heard of the quadrifoglio!

Weird story, but in the late 80's and early 90's I used to do work for FIAT execs in New York City. They'd call in to have car phones installed in them. Apparently they liked the Alfas and would use them as company cars in America. The sad part part of the story is that when the cars were a couple of years old, they'd have the car phones removed and put into new cars.

I would always ask if I could buy the old ones, but apparently they couldn't sell them and had to have them sent out to be crushed. I was crushed. They told me it was too expensive to have them shipped back to Europe. I had never in my life seen a car with a suede headliner, so sexy... I've no idea how reliable those cars were but there's a soft spot in my heart for Alfas because of that. :D

See our F1 related articles too!