FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
A press statement revealed that more than 91,000 people took the online survey, with 66 and 73 per cent giving the thumbs-up to the new tyre and qualifying rules.

Michael Schumacher was voted resoundingly as F1's most popular driver (28 per cent), followed by Kimi Raikkonen (17).
Reigning champion Fernando Alonso netted just 8 per cent (OUCH!), behind Jenson Button and only marginally ahead of David Coulthard (6).

The departed Juan Pablo Montoya and Jacques Villeneuve ranked as the sixth and seventh most popular drivers, indicating the seriousness of their loss, while big-spending Toyota was found to be the least popular team on the grid (OUCH!).
By Marco
Fernando who? I'm guessing that if the Spanish votes were discounted Alonso wouldn't even register. I'm half Spanish and just don't like the guy because of his arrogance and have found his moments of supposed excellence, somewhat dangerous.
By darwin dali
Double ouch! :D
By bud
im pretty sure there is more than 91g fans of F1 out there, means nothing overall, and i dont think Nando will be losing any sleep over it!
but from the percentage of Schumi lambs that voted what will they do in 07? poor buggers

arrogant supposid excellence dangerous......... sounds like Schumacher to me!
By Stephen
Hmm, so how did the last two World Champions become so unpopular? :twisted:
By certom
just 28 percent??? mmm......too low! :evil:
By Irv the Swerve
so true!! :) Shrub why did you change your name?? if you dont mind and your crappy mclaren pic?
i see you have a intrest in aussie rules. It was some match in the international game between ireland and austraila.
Last edited by Irv the Swerve on 28 Sep 06, 20:06, edited 2 times in total.
By certom
shrub is better than bud...
By bud
bud is shrub is bud 8)

See our F1 related articles too!