FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Questions and answers about going to a race weekend
By slicks
Need some help guys. I must confess to getting a bit old...It happens! My first GP was in 80...Yes 80 Brands hatch, Alan Jones. Can anyone recommend a QUIET camp site at Silverstone, stayed at Woodlands this year it was a bloody nightmare with a rave all night..By NON GP people! Dont get me wrong, I can still do 15 cans of lager and stay up until 2oClock...But that god awfull music at more decibels than Hamilton on Hangar Straight.

So any suggestions, campsite with a bar, good company and no loud music ALL NIGHT. I dont mind paying a premium either. Still had a bloody great weekend though, what a race.
By sax2basix
I stayed at Silverstone Golf Club for the weekend and would highly recommend it. Was relatively quiet and you have use of the clubhouse bar if you want. There are toilet and shower facilities, a grill every morning and early evening and you can book an evening meal for £7.50 at the clubhouse. Costs a bit more than the other campsites at £45.00 a night with a minimum 3 night stay but will definately be booking again for next year. Also is situated opposite the Stowe/Club entrance at gate 15 so is a five minute walk from the track..............fab weekend :clap::clap:
By slicks
Cheers mate. I drove passed the golf club and it looked nice. Dont get me wrong, I like a laugh and a bit of a party, but Woodlands was just hell. The volume of the music just had to be heard to be believed. I think I will go for the golf club next year, we will meet for a beer or three!
By Rob-F1
I'll be staying in the same hotel as this year... next year. I like my home comforts. :D
By sax2basix
Cheers mate. I drove passed the golf club and it looked nice. Dont get me wrong, I like a laugh and a bit of a party, but Woodlands was just hell. The volume of the music just had to be heard to be believed. I think I will go for the golf club next year, we will meet for a beer or three!

Well I don't think you'll be disappointed. Food was good and there's only about 170 pitches available so it isn't too crowded. We were however taken in by the fact that the website states 4 man tent only...............when we got there people had huge tents so I will be buying a slightly larger one for next year - just in case it rains again :irked: Am just gonna order my tickets for Club Corner next year too so it's the ideal location. Music tended to be at a reasonable level (those that played it anyway) but because of the rain most people sat in the Clubhouse Bar. Entertainment was a Jazz band on Friday night, DJ on Saturday night. There is an outside bar at the driving range also which is a stones throw from the tent pitches (about £11.00 for a pitcher) so if the weather is better next year you don't need to worry about keeping your cans cold :drink: See ya there :D
By racechick
I'll be staying in the same hotel as this year... next year. I like my home comforts. :D

I thought you said you'd be camping!! you wimp!!
By racechick
Need some help guys. I must confess to getting a bit old...It happens! My first GP was in 80...Yes 80 Brands hatch, Alan Jones. Can anyone recommend a QUIET camp site at Silverstone, stayed at Woodlands this year it was a bloody nightmare with a rave all night..By NON GP people! Dont get me wrong, I can still do 15 cans of lager and stay up until 2oClock...But that god awfull music at more decibels than Hamilton on Hangar Straight.

So any suggestions, campsite with a bar, good company and no loud music ALL NIGHT. I dont mind paying a premium either. Still had a bloody great weekend though, what a race.

Windmilss is fairly quiet, not crowded,basic but cheap.
By joshmac
Slicks -

possibly not the reply you were expecting but noticed your post on google -

Myself and my mates ARE after a reasonably rowdy campsite where we are NOT going to annoy other people.

I have heard of Woodlands campsite before and its nature for being a bit of a party but I don't know where it is and can't find a website for it. Can you advise me on how to find it or do you have any contact details for them?

If you are going to Silverstone this year I hope you enjoy it and find somewhere a bit more up your street. It should be a corker.

Joshmac

See our F1 related articles too!