FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By C2hristina
Getaway drivers and criminals beware! London's Metropolitan Police in Britain has teamed up with British supercar manufacturer, Caparo, to conceive a brand new Rapid Response Vehicle (RRV) for the future.
Capable of accelerating from a doughnut-munching standstill to 100mph in just 5sec, and onto a 200mph top speed, the Caparo T1 RRV would be deployed to hunt down car criminals within the London area.Like everything else in the Metropolitan Police's armory, this bespoke RRV is intended as a deterrent and there are no plans to bring it to fruition at present. However, you should check your rearview mirrors next time you fancy breaking the speed limit while on vacation in Great Britain!
:clap:
Caparo T1 Police Vehicle-2.jpg

Caparo T1 Police Vehicle-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By stonemonkey
I'll give it one week till it's trashed and not even been in any chases.
By Selcouth_Feline
Hate to break it to y'all, but it's not a real police car :P

IIRC, it was something the Met police did a few months back with this Caparo. They often kit supercars out in police colours for publicity - they've had a Lotus (Elise? Exige?), Lambo and Fireblade all kitted out...but none of them were actually real police cars.

Having said that, a lot of our local forces do run some really nice pieces of gear - my local force have some very nice tuned Scoobies and Evos which you often see out on the roads :)
By Rob-F1
And even if it was real, where would you put numerous criminals after they are arrested?

It does look pretty nice tho. :)
By madbrad
Plus, they don't need to have a faster car than you to catch you. They just need eyes, a radio, or a pencil and paper.
By texasmr2
Plus, they don't need to have a faster car than you to catch you. They just need eyes, a radio, or a pencil and paper.

As a soon to be law enforcement officer I have seen and heard way too many story's where even those option's were not enough to subdue the suspect before they endangered countless other live's. :wink:

Have you not heard of the PIT manuever which actually require's a faster vehicle? :?
By Rob-F1
Interesting idea...

... I personally think a Ferrari FFX would be the right car for the job. :D
By texasmr2
Interesting idea...

... I personally think a Ferrari FFX would be the right car for the job. :D

With only 30 FXX's in the world they are far to rare and valuable to risk out on public roads with all the loonies but I agree it would be a sight to see. :yes:
By Rob-F1
Schumacher could have a part time job in his FFX... the pace car driver. He wouldn't last long as he would run rags around that Lewis kid and get sacked. Just don't paint the FFX red, when it comes out to slow the field down Lewis will plow into the back of it. :D
By madbrad
Of course I know PIT. PITting has little to do with being faster than the perp, but I can acknowledge there may be cases when they need to catch up in order to perform PIT. NOrmally it's used in chases where the perp is unable to go very fast due to the street configuration, traffic, conditions or what have you.

See our F1 related articles too!