FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Sounds like a bit of a feeble race taking into account the car's involved.

Bugatti & Ferrari in 130mph race
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1238834.ece
THE driver of a Bugatti Veyron supercar was nicked by cops after racing a Ferrari on a motorway at 130mph.
Startled witnesses said the high-speed chase went on for at least ten minutes, with the cars weaving across all three lanes of the M27.
It ended when a pursuing police BMW caught up with the Bugatti, the fastest road car in the world with a top speed of 253mph, and pulled it over.
But the Ferrari, a 599 GTB capable of 205mph, zoomed off into the distance.
The driver of the Bugatti – a left-hand drive model with French number plates – was given three penalty points and a fixed fine of £60.
That’s a tiny fraction of the £875,000 cost of the motor.
The two cars, both black, even raced each other through a 50mph roadworks zone.
They were seen by motorists including supercar fan Eddie David and his wife Mel, who were heading south near Fare-ham, Hants, in their Audi.
IT consultant Eddie, 40, told how the race was “very dramatic”, like something out of Le Mans.
Eddie, of Lower Earley, Berks, said: “The cars came flying past us. Then the police car came hurtling past at about 140mph.”
Mel took pictures of the Bugatti and Ferrari, which did not have a rear number plate.
She said: “We were in hysterics when we saw the Bugatti had been stopped. The policeman had a furious look that suggested the driver was in tons of trouble.”
Police said the Bugatti was officially clocked at 97mph.

I think thats hilarious that the Ferrari got away.

LOL tell that to Mclaren Fans.

Police said the Bugatti was officially clocked at 97mph.

- Officer: Sir, We clocked you at 97 mph.
- Bugatti driver: ah yes, sorry, that's because I had to stop for tea.
I think thats hilarious that the Ferrari got away.

LOL tell that to Mclaren Fans.

Damn the the FIA! :lol:
This is totally irresponsible by those two drivers. I know its funny because no one got killed but that doesn't excuse it.
BTW they can't have been doing 130mph because i am pretty sure that the police BMW top speed is 120mph
This is totally irresponsible by those two drivers. I know its funny because no one got killed but that doesn't excuse it.
BTW they can't have been doing 130mph because i am pretty sure that the police BMW top speed is 120mph

I agree. It's a serious incident. Somebody could have been killed, usually an unsuspecting innocent in these situations.
This is the guy, he is an Earl & the Veron was a birthday present :roll:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1242784.ece

Had he have been the child of a single mother, we would never have heard the end of it. Lord Pembroke's chronies will think it jolly good fun given their mates status. :roll:

I agree. It's a serious incident. Somebody could have been killed, usually an unsuspecting innocent in these situations.

To be fair if he was clocked at 97mph over a mile stretch, then they must have slowed down.

And i'm sorry but irresponsible as it may be, if I was in the Veyron I would have taken the 599 to the cleaners. And to be fair if he had done that the race would have been over very quickly and therefore much less irresponsible :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unRvopGXCgA

If a veyron can do this to a McLaren SLR imagine what it would do to a 599 :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!